Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'tony diterlizzi'.
Another old mini that I painted at the same time as the Taer. Initially I just primed him white and called it good, but since I was painting the Taer, I figured he'd be a good one to paint along side them since he would have a similar color scheme. He was also equally a pain the %&^$#@ elf to photograph, didn't matter if I was using a neutral background or my dungeon tiles. he would inevitably be washed out and or blurry. while trying to experiment I got a decent picture of him on top of my trash can out side. This guy is very much based on his art in the Monstrous Compendium Annual Volume One. Drawn by one of my favorite D&D artists Tony Diterlizzi. Hmm blown up it's still a little blurry now. I don't get it, the S8 is supposed to have an awesome camera, but it seemed like I was getting better pictures with my wife's old Ipad. I really thought I had finally gotten a picture of him that actually worked. Might try and fix this later as well.
Angelica is finally finished. I went back to my WIP thread, and I realized I started her over a year ago. She has been sitting on my desk waiting to be based for a while now. I decided to go with a relatively simple base. I really enjoyed painter her up.. I hope you enjoy seeing her finished up. I certainly do. Thanks for looking and any C&C you feel to give.
This is probably the reason I don't finish miniatures to quickly. I decided to begin prepping up a figure from another KS I backed. The 3 figures in this pack are in parts and rather fragile pieces. I also had to look at the photo to see which pieces and how I'm going to have to put them together. Here is a shot of Angelica - the Half-Elf Warrior in pieces.
I'm finally abandoning this project!!!! This is Tom Meier's version of Tony DiTerlizzi's painting "Portrait of a Young Tiefling" It's Dark Sword's first foray into busts as far as I know, and it was a joy to paint. Although the sculpt with the base is very vertical, making the overall basing challenging. I ended up just pinning it to as flat a wood base as I could find to keep it from becoming too tall. I have my WIP here if it helps, with the step by steps and all the color info. I'm always happy to answer questions. C&C always welcome! Enjoy!! here's the painting: And the bust: A few closeups: I experimented with a full front lighting, so there is much less contrast on the backside which I'm not happy with. In a perfect world with infinite time, I'll fix it...