Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'unit design'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • Dungeon Dwellers RPG
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Painting In Memorium, Amalor Myrnnyx From my entry post for the submissions: Let me start out saying that the mech painted below couldn't touch one of Amalor's mech paint jobs. I learned a lot just from examining what he did. 60-Ton Dragon DRG-1N Mech Unlike the previous mechs I painted in the schema, the Dragon mech has lots of details with the armor "scales" so it was difficult to get paint coverage and maintain the details. When I first did the "dragon skull" the eyes at the left and the right were too small. You can see it in the preview image from the memorial post: So when I went to do the basing I added a larger section to the "eye" and that allowed me to break up the two large white plains a bit. I also used a micro pen to strengthen lines and details all over the mech. They are quite handy for doing details. You just have to remember they are ink instead of paint and they don't dry right away. I will sometimes use some acrylic sealer to expedite the process of drying the ink. I have the Micron 01 Assorted Colors Pens. Here's a group shot of the previously painted lance schema with the Dragon. It was taken before finishing touches were added to the Dragon. Comments and Criticism welcome. I know it's not nearly up to Amalor's level but it's in the spirit of my old lance and I did manage to get something quite similar.
×
×
  • Create New...