Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'whoreadstagsanyway?'.
My latest project, complete. You can find the WIP thread here. I did an experiment, using ridges of dirt flocking to hold in water effects. It actually worked out reasonably well, though next time I'll know to build up the rest of the base more. I also decided this one was female, on the basis that she's noticeably larger than the other two. I'm rather happy with how the shield came out here. It looked a bit like a horseshoe crab to me, so I wanted to make it look nice and chitinous, as though she tore it from the back of some great swamp arthropod. My first freehand. It was supposed to be an anchor-shaped tattoo to start with, but I messed that up, and decided to just go with an abstract design. I cheated on the pupils for these guys. I bought a micron pen, and it worked out rather well. I probably would have gone with a solid color for the eyes, otherwise. This was the only one to have any sort of decoration on his integral base. The others are pure broccoli, but he's got a little plant on his. Gave it a nice pale green color to contrast with his scales. The color is actually a mystery paint Reaper sent me. I actually have two bottles of the stuff, from two orders from around the same time. I'll be sad when it runs out. It's a very nice color. And here we have his turtleshell shield. I actually looked up pictures of real turtles and cobbled together characteristics of several species for the color selection and pattern. And here's the whole happy family, together. Touching, really.