Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'wind'.
Hey everyone. Here is a recent completion. It's been on the shelf of shame for over a year. Its on a 2 inch large square base, and it's a heavy lump of pewter! I originally primed with Tamiya White Fine Surface Primer, thinking it would help. It seemed to come out VERY hydrophobic. Then I proceeded to paint the whole thing with Shadowed Stone. What a nightmare. The paint wanted to bead up with any degree of thinning. It took about 4-6 coats to cover. I went up to Pure White through the Stone Grey Triad using 50/50 increments. Each was about 3 layers per mix to get the blending. So, this ended up with something lie 30 layes of paint. At one point, despite thin layes, I thought the transitions were too rough, so I hit the whole thing with Stone Grey as a glaze, and picked out the weathered stone and pure white again. Only the top half of the model goes to Pure White, to try to draw attention to the head. In the end, I'm not sure the whole figure is white enough, but I'll let you guys weigh in on it. I wanted the base to look desert like, so this could fit as a Dust Devil. Also, I wanted something that looked like a tumbleweed and I think the moss painted with Tanned Leather and then highlighted with Dirty Bone worked well. Finally, I wanted the eyes/nose/mouth to have an OSL effect like the sun's rays peeking through the clouds. At first, it didn't look right. It was pure white as a base and sun yellow into that. It lost the OSL look with the whole face bleached out. So, I added in a rim of Stone Grey to those orifices just below the edge, and it made it recognizable again. The base is just sand and some small pebbles. That goes from Brown Liner to Muddy Brown, Earth Brown, With some spots of Chestnut Gold, Tanned Leather and Dirty Bone in various spots. I'm glad to be done with this. All those layers of grey got pretty BORING to paint! C&C appreciated. Thanks. -Darc
So, I have received cerebro1974 as my exchangee, and his wishes were to obtain some NPCs for his campaign. He's given me some ideas and here's what I'm running with: Templars of the Order of the Wind: "I do not have much detail filled out on the order, other than their standard is three diagonal lines," Well, not much to go on there, so I selected a few minis that could be knights or templars: Sir Malcom: Unforgiven, Crusaders Grunt: Sir Malcom will be the recipient of a spare shield that I have lying around, since his shield is not-quite-right for the design of the Order of the Wind's standard. The other two minis I'll be painting up are for the Sun Priests: "and the Sun templars only given description so far has been "ornate"" Hmm...Again, not much to go off of, but I have ideas. I've ordered two minis, and have a third on hand. The one on hand is a given, and I'll be choosing between the other two once I get them in hand, and see what I have to work with. Sora Goldflame, Female Cleric: Christina the Devout: Both have their merits, and I like both for this project for different reasons. Sora is more dynamic and action-y, but Christina has a more innocent look, and I like the lantern. As for the one I have on hand: Sir Ekkrion Ganis, Paladin of the Wall Sir Ekkrion, here, will be having his Menofixes removed and replaced with some sun iconography. EDIT: Just so everyone knows, I won't actually be able to start painting until this Friday or Saturday (22 or 23 May). I'm at the gathering input stage right now.