Search the Community
Showing results for tags '03412'.
Found 4 results
It took me a while to get him done, but here he is! This is Uglunuk, Half-Giant Warrior (Reaper SKU #03412) along with the throne back for Queen Shannon Stormhand (Reaper SKU #P02083B). I crafted the rest of the throne using cork, green stuff, and styrene (shown in my WIP thread). Enjoy! -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Leaping up from the stone throne replete with skulls from two of his vanquished foes, Kelkar the God-King brandishes forth his great-axe, the power of the half-giant standing before the adventurers is palpable. His eyes narrow dangerously as he glares down at them... You dare to challenge ME?!? His voice echoes throughout the hall as he starts to swing his weapon... C&C Welcomed and Greatly Appreciated!
Hey look, it's another Non-Bones II Show off! :) I just got mine last night - it is a thing to behold but I split it with a friend so I'm waiting until he and I can get together before I open the individual boxes. Besides, it isn't as if I have plenty of things to paint in the meantime. So there is a story behind this miniature. I am playing a Goliath Monk in a D&D 3.5 campaign named "Gauthi Swiftfoot." I initially painted up Uglunuk to be my character's avatar - he has the right look but is outfitted all wrong with steel armor and a big axe. Still, I decided to paint him up in a standard fashion as I didn't think my customization skills were up to changing him that much. Last year I decided I was up for the challenge - I made some extensive modifications to the mini that I outlined in a work in progress post. To summarize, I converted the Ugulunuk's axe to Gauthi's kama and gave him a flaming fist (my character has a feat that lets him do that,) for his other hand. Then I solicited assistence for basing him. Here is the result, a goliath monk upon the plane of ice, ready to attack: Questions, comments, and criticisms welcome! The funny bit on the kama was where the paint came off after sealing him. I'll blend it a bit.
Grim posted a topic in Works In ProgressSo I've been working on this guy for about two months now - I've bought a house and moved in there so that's why it has been taking so long. I tried doing a WIP on this fellow, but I lost so many of the "in progess" pictures there just wasn't any point. I'm going to set the circumstance before sharing the pictures. I'm playing a Goliath Monk in a 3.5 D&D game. I originally painted Uglunuk for my character - he's a poor match since he's clearly a fighter or barbarian, but he made a good substitute and I didn't feel like my customization skills were good enough. I did buy another one of the fig to customize at a later date. That later date came about last year. I did some pretty heavy customization - my Monk is armed with a kama (a 1 hand sickle, basically,) and has the "flaming fist" feat, so that led to what to do with the hands. I filed down some of the more conspicous armor, and customized the belt to look more like an ivory artifact belt my character wears. Here is the result: The first picture is before some touch-ups I did to the skin, but it shows off the kama nicer than the rest, so I decided to keep it. Anyway, this leads me to my question: I'm going to base him on a slotted circular base I got from Wyrd, it has a recessed area about 1" in diameter that you need to fill. How do you think I should base him? I'm not looking to do anything hugely complicated, but I'd be interested to see what people think. In particular, what sort of base do you think would provide a nice contrast or highlight to the colors of the figure? Right now we're doing a bunch of extra-planar elemental adventures, but I think more fire would be distracting. So I'd be interested in people's opinions. Also, I haven't seal-coated him yet, so if anyone has any comments please share... P.S. The pictures are friggin' huge, so feel free to click on them and see all the tiny flaws!
So, as I noted on my earlier show off thread, my digital camera broke. My dad is a rather avid amateur photographer, so I asked him if he had one to spare. He did, but it lacked a battery. $20 and a week later (Amazon was S-L-O-W) I now have a shiny, old-but-powerful digital camera with which to take pictures of my minis. With a remote flash and everything! Advice for the pics will be cheerfully taken. I'm experimenting right now, so far I seem to get the best results with the camera on a tripod with the remote flash pointed at the ceiling. I have a printed backdrop, and have the mini on a stand. But enough about photography, the results! I think I'll post my most recent one first. I'm not 100% happy with it, this is a commission work for a friend who wanted me to paint up Barnabus Frost as a random Pathfinder character. I believe he's going to make him a wizard. Since he is not a ship captain, I went with more subdued colors and cut the flintlock pistol off. I was surprised by how neat I was able to make where I had cut the pistol off- there was very little roughness to it. In general, I think I did okay with this paint job - the face is a little funny, the coat is good but not great, and I tried to do a sort of salt-and-pepper hair but it didn't look terribly good, so I washed it down to a fairly subdued "going a little grey." Any comments or advice will be gladly accepted.