Search the Community
Showing results for tags '03479'.
Found 2 results
Continuing my list of things I've painted lately, I had all of these done around the same time as that last post, but had to wait to grab pictures of them. I'm hoping to get a camera soon; these are all taken with my dad's iPhone, since I have a Moto with a camera that is hot garbage. First up, Reaper's Young Forest Dragon as a blue dragon: This is a great mini at a great size! It fit super-well on a 2" base, which was perfect, since I probably use that more than any other size cat. I kept it real quick, and debated blue vs tan wings a lot longer than I should have before deciding that it needed to break up the color. This really was a quick paint job otherwise - paint blue > wash dark blue > drybrush just a little > paint spines > wash spines >paint wings > stripe in high and lowlights on wings > make mouth porble. The wing undersides look kind of wierd in pictures but make sense from viewing angles.... Now THESE. THESE WERE ANNOYING. Many of those little white spots are just camera glitter. A handful are where bubbles kept the paint from sinking in. Whoever sculpted these is evil... I had to go over them so many times. The texture just does not want to sink paint. It wants to foam. That said, these are beautiful minis, and great for the monster they represent. And, having since done the bat swarm mini, which is 100000% worse to paint, these aren't THAT BAD (they are). All in all, a perfect medium-sized swarm mini with a ton of visual interest and crows that look like real crows... These were fun! I picked up like 5 of these lads last Reapercon so that I could have a bevy of recognizable donkeys for party members to choose from when buying a donkey, and they're nice and sleek and very easy to paint. I might get a bunch more this year, just to do some up as a herd of zebras, also... they're actually pretty much perfect for that with just a touch of GS. The bottom two are classic brown-cross and grey-cross donks, pretty much the iconic white-bellied donkeys, but I wanted to try stripes, so I did the top one as a quagga, a sort of extinct donkey-like zebra fellow from South Africa. Again, the goal of this is to make good tabletop stuff, not showstoppers, so none of these paint jobs took more than an hour or so, except the dragon who took like 3? And I should have some more out in the next day or two - I've already finished three Bat Swarms, six Giant Bats, and five Stirges, and I have like a dozen briarlings and a couple saprolings to finish, so Operation: Get broccoli Done Before Reapercon is actually clipping along pretty well with 30 minis completed in the last month and at least 20 based up and ready to paint....
This is my Secret Sophie painted min for Tarsemina who requested "Preferably something spooky/creepy, maybe campy creepy" It has arrived at its final resting place but I did manage to remember to tale some shots of it before I packed it away... I apologize for the gloss.. the Matt spray was still wet when these where taken For your viewing pleasure ; A slightly modified 50311: Wild West Wizard of Oz Scarecrow with contributions from 03479: Murder of Crows Comments and critiques are all welcome