Search the Community
Showing results for tags '14632'.
Found 2 results
Way back in 2016 a new supplement for Frostgrave was released called Forgotten Pacts which was the barbarian supplement. On the cover was a cool wizard riding a woolly rhino. Now they released a resin mini for that figure named Kornovik the Outcast. I never got that figure, but I did pick up Kargir Tundra Beast Rider 14632 at Reapercon, figuring that would make a decent base for a conversion. So... I started by cutting Kargir off the Tundra Beast. Easy enough. Then what? Well, since this isn't going to be an exact copy, but rather an "inspired by" proxy, I decided that the armored plates along the beast's back were cool, and worth keeping. But it still needs fur. Bring on the greenstuff. Thankfully fur is relatively simple to sculpt. Not the best pictures... I also bulked out the beast's belly, mostly to give the fur in the middle (yet to come) something to be supported by. In addition to some more fur, I'm also going to be adding some bags, a bow and quiver, and maybe some tack. Reins especially. I also need to better trim down the orc belly to fit the barbarian body. Originally I was going to use a Frostgrave barbarian body, but they're too small to convincingly fit with the legs... so off to the Bones box... where I settled on Grundor Hoardtaker 77219. He basically fits, and once I trim down what's left of the orc body and turn it into a fancy saddle, it'll all blend in pretty well I think. More to come!
For the exchange I was given a pretty wide latitude on what to paint (or some might argue, a general lack of direction ). I decided to go with the "try something different" suggestion. Let's see... First mount. First milliput slurry fill. I also tried tried using sealer as a fill in a few places. First water at the edge of the base needing a form. First water effects. First icicles. First wooden base. First moss First flowers First use of a jewelers saw to remove some horns. Second snow base (the Almaran I posted awhile back was the test subject). Tried a new "cold green" layering for the skin. I wasn't sure how well it would work, but if it didn't I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. I also tried making use of gloss vs. matte effects. I was going for a spring thaw look, so I tried leaving the snow glossy so it would look like it was melting while making the mini, flora, and rocks matte. I also like wood to "glow," and tried to cheat it. And yes, I did paint the grass. So to show off my progress after almost one year of painting minis we have the Kargir Tundra Beast Rider. I also took a few pictures before sealing just in case I screwed it all up. Now I have a benchmark to look back on once I reach the end of mini painting year 2.