Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags '30004'.

More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...

Date Created

  • Start


Last Updated

  • Start


Filter by number of...


  • Start





Website URL







Found 3 results

  1. Inspired by Dontfear, ub3r, and all the talk about larger scale figures, I started work on my first 54mm figure, Monique De Noir! She is in my favorite medium - metal. I like bones, but metal is still king to me. The casting is wonderful. The most difficult mold line to remove was one within her hair, but, being larger than the usual 28-32mm figures, much easier to work out. I'm sure more mold lines will suddenly spawn as I work on her. Session 1 Progress In my first painting session, I primed using white brush on primer, then started in on the skin. The base tone is a 50% rosy shadow/50% rosy skin mix. I then blocked in the shadows with a 50% rosy shadow/50% chestnut brown mix. I added the deepest shadows with chestnut brown under her nose, beneath the chin, and around her eyes. I'm a big fan of bailey03's work on historical figures, especially his skin tones, so I draw a lot of inspiration from his color choices. To help frame her face, I basecoated her hair first with walnut brown, then with a thinned down brown liner. The contrast should given me a good reference for working on her face. Session 2 Progress Yesterday, I worked on her eyes. Being a larger figure than I'm used to, the eyes are both a plus and a minus. I can actually get a brush stroke in! No more inadvertent texture from dabbing with the brush. The minus (and a plus) - the size demands more detail. Again drawing inspiration from bailey, I started with a medium pink, an ad hoc mixture of deep red and creamy ivory, then lay in linen white, leaving some of the pink in the corners. I decided to go with a dark blue eye color, so I added in an iris using a blue-black mixture created from walnut brown and ultramarine shadow. Next is the hardest part... I colored in the iris with linen white, leaving a thin circle of the blue-black. I then added the pupil using pure black, followed by a layer of ultramarine highlight to pull some blue back into the iris. My phone picture stinks... My biggest mistake was taking a break after first defining the iris using the blue-black to vacuum the house. Don't do that! The exercise and movement was nice...the resulting increase in heartbeat and slight hand vibration killed my fine brush control. I might redo the eyes.
  2. Finally finished this gorgeous model. Been a very long time since I've painted anything over 28mm scale, and I thoroughly enjoyed the change Overall, really pleased with how she came out :D Base details. Kept the extra detailing like the leaves to a minimum to avoid overwhelming her Went with a purpleish skin tone to emphasize her not being human
  3. I've had this figure sitting in her box for the better part of a fortnight, and I've been eyeing her on the site for many months more, so I'm glad I've finally had the chance to start her I've not done much yet, but I'd thought I'd start this thread early to keep me focused on doing the best job I can with her So yes, she's been sat like this for a while Spent a little while cleaning her up with a knife and some fine grain paper, and glued the sub sections together Then I undercoated her with white spray, and couldn't resist test fitting her together Next up is hiding the mold line in her hair, which is going to be... interesting As I said, not done much yet, but I'll keep this updated as I go ^^;
  • Create New...