Search the Community
Showing results for tags '50128'.
Found 3 results
Good Evening! SO after sorting through my minis and cleaning up my workstation post reaper con, I felt inspired to tackle some techniques that I have been avoiding. I wanted to pick a mini that i felt I could paint quickly (but lessbehonest, I don't paint quickly at all) and that would be a good candidate for two techniques that I am trying to learn. after a long drawn out process of hemming and hawing I found a miniature that I received an unmentionable number of years ago from reaper as a prize for buying miniatures during October. So it is Krissy the modern witch with out her familiar. I have an idea of what I want to do, I want to keep the miniature a tight focus on OSL and Transparent fabric. If I am feeling like it after I have completed the mini, I may do a special base for her. I feel pretty good about my understanding of color, but I think this is going to be a pretty good challenge. Here's what I have so far.
Well, I 'finished' her. I see in the pictures a few touch ups I missed, but that always seems to be the case for me. "Woo hoo, finished. time to take pictures" turns into "wait, dangit, I missed a spot, or three, or twenty" But I'm not going to set up my photo rig again, so this is it for pictures (unless someone suggests something I just have to try) I totaly forgot to go back and re-line the familiar for example, but you know what? at this point, I don't really care a whole lot. I'll fix it when I start my next project. As always, comments and critiques are eagerly desired. Trust me, they all help me get better, and that's important to me.
So, I did her for a Halloween contest last year, but I wasn't happy with her, and being the season again, I decided she needed a redo, with my somewhat improved skills. So I stripped her and started again. Because of her...limited choice of clothes, and the season, I've come to refer to this figure as the queen of Pumpkin Cheesecake in my own mind, hence the file name. Primed and lined, and more or less sitting properly on her base. Going to add a few things to clean up the look when I finish her, so ignore the bit of tab sticking up. Heather blue slobbered on her main clothes. Just for a covering layer under the purple. Even with the heather blue, it took a couple of layers to get the base of imperial purple. Lovely colour, but it suffers from poor coverage. The black however didn't. and only took a single thinned coat to cover in most places.