Search the Community
Showing results for tags '60018: goblin warchanter'.
Found 1 result
So, I don't typically do well at WIPs, but I'm gonna give it my best shot here, since I'm painting two waves of minis for this, and it's critical I remember what paints I'm using so the waves look similar. After finishing up (most of) my kobold pile (which I will at some point post, I promise!) I've decided to move on to another common humanoid mob, to pump me up to eventually work on my Gnolls and Orcs (hah!) Thus, I'm starting on my small mountain of Pathfinder Goblins! I have roughly 20 of these, and that's not just goblin maths - as far as I can tell, that's what I've got, though I do need to dig through my scrap pile one more time to look for stragglers. The goal is to take a week or two, tops, to paint all these... although We Shall See. I may get through Wave 1 and take a break, IDK. I have: Two full sets of 60017: Goblin Pyros 60014: Goblin Commando on Dog, plus a second, riderless Dog Two sets of 60006: Goblin Warriors, with only one of the Goblins who has a spear and sword, and an extra jumping Goblin And three extra Archers from 60006, to give me a couple more ranged warriors. All of these, if the SKUs didn't make it clear, are the metal versions. I painted the Bones ones a long time ago - I'll see if I can dig them out at some point, maybe for the Show Off thread. If I'm feeling ambitious, I wouldn't mind grabbing a few more of the riders, plus the 60018: Goblin Warchanter to round out the group a little. Also, I have a LOT of 03621: Gremlins somewhere, which may get based up 2-3 to a base as some kind of roachy kid goblins, since they're pretty simular in appearance to the PF gobbos. So, to start with this crew, I based 12 of them (my first wave) - all of the standing goblins except the archers, the side-spearmen, and the rider & dogs. My usual basing - display 30mm bases, with greenstuff pressed in and textured with a toothbrush, then the slotta pressed through and cleaned up. After that cured while I was at work, I hit them with a white primer basecoat. Next, I filled the eyes in roughly with Cavalier Orange. After giving that a chance to dry, I tidied them up with a border of Hodag Green, a nice dark cameo green that went on opaque, which will be darker than my eventual skintone. I then hit each mouth with Milani Rose, a darker-than-flesh pink that I plan to darken with a wash to detail the mouths. After that, I went on to some gear, since I was just blocking things in at this point. Goblins with caps got a coat of XX63 "p Red", one of my first red bottles, which has a destroyed label - I suspect it's Deep Red - the color I used for the caps on my original Bones Goblins. Goblins with blades (most of them, honestly) got a coat of Dark Elf Shadow, a dark purple that is going to form the base layer for the TMM I plan to use for these guys - most likely P3's Pig Iron. I also hit the torches with a layer of Cavalier Orance to start building them up for the eventual yellows and reds they're going to receive (I know that fire is red outside and yellow inside, but I'm going to ignore that, since the fire on these feels kind of weird to paint.) The Redcaps The Pyros Closeup, with everything painted so far