Search the Community
Showing results for tags '77111'.
Found 4 results
My Fire Demon was missing his lower jaw so I liberated Goroloth's head to replace it. At that point his wings weren't impressive enough and he some new ones from Rauthuros. The whole conversion took an hour and a half. Due to the nature of the wing conversion and needing everything stable while I figured out how to attach them I had to glue everything but the shoulder pads, hands, and base together. Those pieces will not be glued till at least base coating. Also have to do some minor greenstuff blending around the wing joins and between the head and neck. I may potentially swap out the sword for something else, trident maybe. At any rate, here's the pictures!
It's been a while since I posted, but I'm liking this fellow enough to show off. He's not quite finished, but not a "work in progress", either. I was going to take a few photos to see if i missed anything before final assembly and varnishing, then decided to upload them to the forum. I drew inspiration for his color scheme from his concept art on p.23 of the Warlords first edition rule book. I've been working on him pretty steadily for over a month, and I now see the end. The weapons are an eclectic mix of metallic drybrushing on one weapon, and NMM painting on others. I was going to experiment with shading a weapon with NMM techniques, then glaze over it with a metallic paint. But when I finished the undercoat color, I liked it and decided i was done. Let me know what you think! EDIT: For spelling.
Below is my version of the Demon Rauthuros. I basically started off with a dark red lining and topped his skin with a layer of blue and then layered it back using various shades of red. His wings are Brick red with layering of blue, dusky skin and red. I aplogise for the camera work but even with white balancing out of gimp this is the best I can do. comments, critiques, suggestions for future.. all are welcome.. or you can just say hello!