Search the Community
Showing results for tags '77310'.
Found 4 results
So I was experimenting with Taimaya clears and I wanted to share what I've painted so far. I think the colors come out a little dark, but I love the jewel like gloss they dry to. I am going to get me some Taimaya clear (with no color) and some Taimaya thinner and keep expirementing. The Ghostly Summons has a few layers of Golden Glow over top to start building up some highlights. And so does the NightSpectre.
I was asked to make a custom Water bending miniature for a customer of mine who is running a Marvel Superhero game at out local Gaming club. I used the Reaper Bones Water Weird (77310) and the Drowned Spirit (03727) to create a custom kit bashed miniature. The players favorite color is Blue so I was asked to fit as many shades of the color into the model as possible. If you have any questions on how I made this feel free to ask here or on my FB page. (facebook.com/TabletopGlory) I have many more that I will be doing for his campaign one of witch will be made from the Virina, Female Demon (03084) where ill be hand painting cloths onto the miniature. (I'll be making a small video to explain all the modifications for this one.)
My first mini from the Bones Kickstarter! I just had to do this guy. It did not photograph well, I'm afraid - a hazard of the translucent Bones. For what I did - I "primed" with Reaper Brush-on Sealer and painted the pedastal normally (sorry about the horrible mold line in pic 1, I barely noticed it when trimming.) Incidentally, I plugged the hollow in the base with some air-dry clay and glued it to a washer - this gives it some nice bottom weight. The idea behind the magical writing on the pedastal was that they were glowing blue - I decided to try and simulate this with a nice gradiation from blue to white. I don't think I quite accomplished "glowing," but I do like the look regardless. The Water Weird itself was washed with thinned blue Tamiya Clear. I then used a very thin pure white to glaze some of the high points and pick out details in the face. Some areas I darkened with more Tamiya Blue Clear. I then seal-coated with Pledge and painted the pedastal with more Reaper Brush on sealer to kill the gloss. I wanted to leave the elemental glossy - this also led to issues with the photos. As usual for me, the pictures are pretty darn big - feel free to click. Without further ado: