Search the Community
Showing results for tags '77379: dracolisk'.
Found 3 results
I have done about 15 minis over the past year (starting with the Learn to Paint kit), after taking a 30+ year break from painting lead with Testors enamel. Each one I try to learn or improve one technique. This one I focused on pose & basing (took a little surgery to get rid of the pudding base and shape all the claws). The 'rock' is a chunk of bark. Any comments, critiques, questions or suggestions are welcome. Between this forum and YouTube, I am amazed on the knowledge and information available, in an overall great community. Getting ready for Bones V delivery!
Gah! I can’t figure out what to do with the dracolisk’s skin and wings. Any advice? I’m really happy with the green scales - I will probably add some yellow to the highlights. First time priming black, used white spray paint as well. After working on the scales: A friend suggested making the skin blue. I regret my decision. It looks weird, and now I was lost. This was after highlighting one wing. Here I was trying for more yellow/brown on a test wing patch. Success? Should I do this for the skin on the belly and claws? Thanks for the advice!
I didn't need a dracolisk, but I am always looking for small dragons to use in games. I bought this guy retail with the idea of cutting off his middle legs and re-sculpting him, in fact I lost track of the fact that I had one and bought a second. One leg was unattached to I cut down the area around the socket and filled it with greenstuff. The other leg I cut off completely and cut down the plastic then cut the scale pattern in. Cutting down was harder than sculpting up. I was prepping the dragon for the "Paint Your Dragon Contest" so I have no pictures of the process. The base is removable, as I had planned for more elaborate detail. I hadn't quite got him to done, but was throwing a layer of sealer over him so I didn't have to worry as much about handling, and I frosted him badly. Adding a layer of brush on gloss sealer helped, but the non-gloss sealer I tried did nothing, resulting in more weird patches. despondent I moved on to other miniatures including another dragon, who was way more fun to paint (Insomnia, for the random rainbow challenge) I retouched his wings, darkening them which made him look more like a black dragon, rather than grey. and left the high gloss, cause why not. The wing veins also never quite worked out. So downplaying them was a plus. After lots of bugging from minispawn, I declared him done, and turned him over for her to play with. She named him Patches. yeah that fits. before frosting and glossing :