Search the Community
Showing results for tags '89024'.
Found 4 results
Gregory the fierce was wishing once again that Lady Anna had not chosen the colors for his holy order. This is my second attempt at the design, I realized that abstracted flowers made with two lines looked much better than the ones I had tried with three. Now I will go back and fix the Kingdom Death figure with the same pattern. now I see more problems, back to the painting desk.
The following is going to be an EXPERIMENT! Please do try this at home, because I'm not a licensed professional and totally feel no obligation to warn you away from doing awesome things. My goal is to complete these 5 figures, from start to finish, within 48 hours. Whether I will succeed or not remains to be seen. It's more of a "Hey, let's see if I can paint humanoid figures quickly," and I work best with a deadline, artificial or not. Here are my 5 victims: 89009 Merisiel, Iconic Rogue (Tipsy) 89024 Holy Vindicator (Trunk SlamChest) 77480 Durok, Dwarf Ranger (Balin) 77440 Masumi, Demon Hunter (Tsunami) 77320 Galadanoth, Elf Sniper (Elrohir) Group shot: That's totally not DDS2 in the background, I don't know what you're talking about. Pay no attention to that at all, totally not relevant. So, I'll make this post my timestamp (12:00 PM PST), and away we go! Huzzah! --OneBoot :D
Hey all, here's what I'm currently working on. I got a shipment of some more Bones in on Friday before I had to leave town, got back last night and have been painting a bit today. I finally got around to getting some green stuff for filling seams, and I'm trying it out on my Jabberwock. I'm also going to try out base coating in a few different colors rather than hitting the whole mini with a coat of plain black first. I painted Feiya plain black everywhere there wasn't exposed skin or hair. I'll be base coating those later, probably in dirty bone since that's about the only off-white color I currently have. I also got a ton of work done on a Holy Vindicator. I think I'm about 75% done on him. Really just need to get his face, hair, and base done. Base coat was Reaper pure black. Cloak was done in multiple layers of Reaper pure black mixed with increasing amount of dragon blue. The base color for the plate armor was Vallejo Model Air gungrey mixed with a tiny amount of Vallejo Model Air burnt umber. Plate highlights are straight Vallejo Model Air steel. I used Vallejo Game Color burnished copper for the scalemail/chainmail areas, and the hip and shoulder pieces and the angel pattern on the shield were undercoated in burnished copper as well before I applied Vallejo Game Color polished gold. Leather straps/belts are equal parts Reaper harvest brown and leather brown. I also applied a black wash over the whole figure, then went back and re-applied gold and silver to some areas that it darkened too much (mainly the gold areas and the sword and shield).