Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Berserk'.
Found 3 results
So I decided to take a little break from Cthulhu for a while. Started working on a new bust this morning. I find one of the ways I push myself to improve is by trying to recreate other peoples amazing paint jobs. Arbal's Berserk Bust is my primary inspiration for this paint job, but sometimes I will take bits and pieces of other's work as well. Sometimes I start and then inspiration will hit and I will take off in my own direction, but doing things this way forces me to do and try techniques that I might not have done before. If trying to emulate others is looked down upon though, let me know. I started by blocking in some of the basic colors, and then adding in some shading and tinting. And thats what I accomplished before lunch. *edited to rotate pictures
Since I got a pretty good response from the figure I made of Frog from Chrono Trigger and from my Fullmetal Alchemist modified figures, I went on to my next challenge. I want to make a decent figure for Guts, the main character from the Berserk Manga and Anime. Now anyone who is a fan knows that finding an actual mini of him can be difficult, and I'm gonna use it for my next D&D character, so I wanted something special for it. Now I ordered 4 different reaper mini's as candidates, not sure which I'll use yet, as each has something to offer, but none are perfect. Probably will end up a mix of at least 2 figures, but the real challenge is creating Gut's sword, the Dragonslayer. So I've started with that. This is is a 2$ metal file from a local hardwares store bargain bin tool rack. As you notice, part of it is cut off the tip... This is after an hour or two with a dremmel tool, and a little grinding. I drilled a small hole at the end and used a small nail with both ends cut to make the handle. The "guard" I guess you'd call it is just a piece of cardboard, glue coated to give it a plasticy quality, cut and wrapped around the end. This is my Gnoll Figure Kabal next to it to give a size perspective of what I am making. Used some chord to make the wrap for the handle, and handled it a bunch to give it a dirtier look. Sorry for the photo quality, But these are cell phone pics. Some of the later onces I use a magnifying glass to focus the details a little clearer. Put the standard D20 there for a size comparison. With a little black paint, the cuts of the file give the rough Iron look to the weapon. It's not done yet, still some details to work out, but I'll keep posting as it goes along.
Well here is my completed Guts from the Berserk Anime and Manga. I used 02962: Killian, Bounty Hunter Not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with the results. If you like to see how I got there, here is my works in progress posts, which lists the things I mainly tried to do but failed, but I may attempt this again and better at a later date. It was quite the learning experience.