Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Big'.
Found 4 results
Picked up this fellow as part of the recent Realm of the Dragon Kickstarter project. He is on a 40mm base, barely, and is a pretty good size. Did a simple tabletop paint job, a couple of layers of color and washes. Very happy with him given how easy he was to paint.
This has been a while in the making, going back to Science Ninja Team Gatchaman (Battle of the Planets) when I was 3 or 4.... Anyway, I've invested "a bit" in "a couple" of big stompy robot kickstarters over the last few years. Over the last year a few parts of a couple of them have arrived, and recently I've had the urge to get started on painting some of them. Here are a few of the bots to paint. You see the early bird Ace from the Bones CAV kickstarter (in white), and the Bonus add-ons to the Wave 1 portion of the Palladium Robotech RPG Tactics kickstarter (in grey (Zentraedi) and brown/beige (UEDF)). I've also get Heavy Gear Blitz coming at some point. Oh and I do have the Oathsworn robots too...hmmm And I wouldn't be surprised if there are some others I've completely forgotten about. Oh, like the limited edition convention Robotech figs coming..... So as you can see, there are a few very different manufacturing techniques here (Bones, hard plastic, resin and metal so far), and ,from what I've looked at, painting bots is a bit different, so I'm going to go through the process and see how they come out. As I'm currently painting some bugbears and working on my fall exchange, my first steps with these will be assembling so regult battle pods and watching videos on painting bots. If anyone has any links on bot painting or suggestions on assembling these Robotech (like superglue vs plastic glue...) please feel free to post here. I'm also undecided on the realistic vs cartoony painting of the robotech stuff....thoughts?
This has been sitting in my box merely base-coated for decades until a few weeks ago. This marid (water genie) is huge and heavy, made of solid lead, 3 and 1/8" tall including the base. The integrated base was an issue, as it was too shallow to keep the figure from tipping over backwards. So I fixed it with some fiber card and Squadron putty, and probably killed a bunch of brain cells sanding; but he doesn't tip over anymore. I used a lot of interference glazes for the pants, sash, and shoes. I am really liking the new varnish I'm using.
Look, I actually finally painted a CAV for CAV:SO! And here are a couple of shots of my UTF forces to date. May take a break from painting these guys. I've got lots of other figures waiting, or I might start another CAV faction.....