Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Bones and Metal'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Ok so this is an old miniature that I put together a couple years ago. The original thread has photobucket links in it. Sadly I do not remember which picture goes where so I'm going to re-tell the story here. So lets begin. The idea was to see how well bones and metal would mix together. What I found out is weapons work but anything else is problematic. So we have Bones Sinessa, a metal dagger, and metal Wings. The base pictured is metal. This was to help with the weight. All in all this was NOT a cost effective mini to make. Cost about $12 in metal to make. I drilled and cut a lot out of her back to get the wings to fit flushed against her back. I didn't want to use greenstuff as at the time I was extremely unconfident about my greentstuff abilities...now I'm just unconfident lol I angled the pin downward. Because the mini was very thin and my thinking was that it would hold better if I did so. As I anticipated, The wings were far too heavy for her to stand. I leaned her against something and ran into another problem. The wings tilted back too far. So I double pinned the wings to help with this. This basically did not help much though.... So I decided to create a base for her. After cutting her from her Bones roots. Ran into a new problem....She leaned back BADLY! I fix this leaning problem Later. I begin painting her Here are some shots I have to brush on primer for the base and wings but used blue liner for the rest and the hair was direct color no primer. More skin She came out a little rough when I finished. Where wasn't much I could do about it sadly... Now as to how I fixed the leaning problem. Well a small pebble basically. I positioned it under her dress and it made stand a bit straighter. I condensed this from the original thread as the pics are a bit large (data wise) So I didn't use all the photos I took. The only reason I'm redoing this thread is for education purposes for those that want to do their own conversions with bones. I do not recommend this method to anyone.
×
×
  • Create New...