Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Cerci Speed Circuit'.
Found 3 results
I don't usually post my non-Reaper minis here, but I wanted to share this one with you all. This is Princess Malya, Questing Knight and her cypher Mr. Tomm from Relic Knights. She was the first of the new resin minis from Soda Pop Miniatures that I got my hands on, and is a beautiful sculpt and was fun to paint. I agonized over the last little bit, and between never getting to play Relic Knights and this model’s rules being garbage, she slept on the shelf of shame, waiting for her Prince Charming to show up. I finally finished her off last month, so she can join Mr. Tomm, who’s been done for a year now. In case the inspiration isn’t obvious, I’ve based her paint job on Alice from Disney’s Alice in Wonderland. The base is one of my favorite parts, and I love how it came out – you can even see a bit of reflection in some shots. I definitely got fed up with the dress at points, and just had to leave it in order to move on, but overall am fairly happy. The white in particular, I probably could have redone it using some of the tips from Jen Greenwald’s class that I took last year.
Iâ€™m happy with how both of them came out, and now I just need to paint up a knight so I can field them in a game. Iâ€™m thrilled with how the freehand came out, it was worth the effort. Lug could probably stand to have a bit more shading on the non-yellow parts, but I donâ€™t mind if he looks a bit plasticky. Unrelated to these two, but here's another Relic Knights mini I finished. Yes, this is totally a game piece.
I didn't feel like painting my Black Diamond today, so I thought I'd start cleaning a Pacer Bot - a fairly simple model in the Cerci Speed Circuit faction. Then I figured I'd assemble it. And then prime it. Oh, and while I have the airbrush out, I might as well prime the base, directional highlight the mini, base coat the mini and base. Then I looked at the studio paint job and decided to get started on that - just the blacks and whites. Then I did them all. And decided to do a little bit of freehand (the design on the upper pods) to match the studio job. Then I got the airbrush back out and painted the yellow lines on the base and sealed the mini. Long story short, I painted a mini, start to finish, in an afternoon. Seven hours, including watching several anime episodes. The base is Badger Opaque Green over white primer. The street is 80 grit Emery Cloth sandpaper, with VMC Yellow Ochre lines painted with a stencil I created out of plasticard. For the mini, I used Vallejo German Gray Primer, then Vallejo White Primer from upper angles all the way around. I then used VMC Fluorescent Magenta as a base coat. RMS Pure White and RMS Pure Black for all the accents, with some leftover VMC Basalt Gray and RMS Rainy Gray for the highlights of the nozzles and exhaust. It's a vehicle, so it has a nice gloss coat, which unfortunately interferes with my pictures. Also, the pictures don't properly capture just how bright that magenta is. It's the same color as the studio paint jobs for Princess Malya and the Pacer Bot.