Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Figurehead'.
Found 2 results
Chris Palmer posted a topic in Conversions, Presentation, and TerrainSo I was never thrilled with the "face" on the Shipwreck Revenant; it always looked a little contrived and dorky to me. To me it would have looked much better with some sort of menacing figurehead on the front. Then it struck me that Reaper's Dark Maiden would be prefect for this. I tried mine out, and was amazed at how perfectly it fit on the front. But before I shelled out the money to order a new one, I thought I'd dig through my Bones pile and see if anything would fill the bill. That's when I hit on the Succubus Queen (Sophie's Mom) from the Stoneskull Expansion. She had a plain enough pose that she looked like she'd be a good candidate for a figurehead. And as I played around with bending her wings back, I realized if I flipped them over they closely mirrored the curve of the prow of a ship. I thought her demonic appearance would help sell the evil feel of the Shipwreck Golem as well. Photo Linked for nudity: https://flic.kr/p/VMjoZF So, a bit of hack and chop later, and I had trimmed her down, separated the wings, and found a bit of curved sprue that would be a good candidate for the front beam of the ship. Photo linked for nudity: https://flic.kr/p/WNWTmT And so this where I ended for the night. I will need to soak my Succubus parts in some soapy water and get them washed, rinsed, and dried, before I start gluing anything.
Chris Palmer posted a topic in Works In ProgressA bunch of you enjoyed my recent thread in the Conversions sub-forum in which I did some conversions on my Shipwreck Revenant from Bones 3, (To see that thread, click here: Shipwreck Revenant Conversion.), so I thought I'd do a thread to track my painting progress as well. To sum up that thread; basically, I replaced the "face" part of the Revenant with a figurehead using the Succubus Queen (Sophie's Mom) figure from the Bones 3 Stoneskull Expansion. I also replaced the Tiki Head on the back with a section of mast and a ship's wheel, as well as reinforcing the harpoon arm so it wouldn't warp under it's own weight, and a few other small additions. Here's a shot from about halfway though the work... So early this morning I gave all the parts a primer coat with Krylon with Fusion "Flat Black". Then, this afternoon when it was dry, I gave the parts an initial dry brush coat of Americana "Charcoal Grey" Followed with a dry brush coat of Americana "Mississippi Mud". And finished the base coat dry brushing with a final coat of Americana "Barn Wood". I'm now debating if I want to glue the whole thing together before moving on to the rest of the painting, or continue working on each part individually.