Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Genestealers'.
Found 3 results
Here are some Space Hulk miniatures. I posted this as my January painting goal. Woot! I made it. I will be runnning Space Hulk at Rapiercon (http://www.rapiercon.com/) next month and wanted the figs to be painted. To be honest, though, this is not the complete set. I wanted two squads of terminators to be easy to tell apart, so two different colors were used. The figs in the box are very specific to the Blood Angels (red) chapter, so I used some other figs to represent the Ultramarines (blue). There are still 7 terminators left to call the box done, but it is good enough for what I have planned. https://goo.gl/photos/51NRopffdm9mvUwM8
As has been a theme this year, the minis I manage to paint will all count towards the resolutionary challenge. As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread. This month I am clearing some space on the shelf, and doing some horribly horrid horrors. Starting off with the rest of the Space Hulk Genestealers that have been standing about needing some TLC for a while. I have been thinking alot about basing them, as many of them simply are not stable enough on their integral scenic base. But seeing as the integral bases are all rectangular and many are built up, the 25mm round bases Genestealers use in 40k do not fit, and I did not want to use 40mm bases, as that would make them difficult to conga-line up in the game, so I have not done anything about them. Then a few weeks ago I came across some oval laser cut wooden bases by Warbases, and after some testing I decided to base them with those. I had to use three different sizes to accommodate the diverse minis. In game I have to stand the minis sideways to fit them on the boards when they are in a conga line, but I usually have to do that anyway, so I don't mind that at all. I painted the bases simple black and finished them with the same black flock I use on my Dreadball minis, as I simply could not be arsed to detail the bases any more then they already are. I think it works. I have also rebased all the previously finished Genestealers, now they are all done!
Continuing my March resolutionary challenge, I am doing something about squads, teams or units. As in squads I have started (i.e. done a test piece) but not completed. I seem to have rather a lot of them cluttering up the shelving. As per the resolutionary painting challenge guidelines, I will post them here, and link in my post in the challenge thread. This week has seen little time for hobby, so I â€œcheatedâ€ by doing groups that were extra super fast to finish. Ten more of the Space Hulk Genestealers, in the same style as in my earler post That makes 12 finished. I think there are 10 left to go. And then the Terminators which probably will take much much longer. So much detail! Integral bases, hard polystyrene plastic (HIPS)