Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Griffin'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. The two minis from the bones IV core set just look like they want to battle, so I made them ;) Griffin, Wyvern ... Bones IV core set Hiding Halfling ... TTCombat Hill ... XPS
  2. Finished another of the gifted old school minis, this one a Ral Partha (sez so on the base). I really like the sculpt on this one, so much detail...tiny shallow detail that would be easy to lose. So I did very little highlighting after the sepia ink wash. Now what to do about the base. I’m going to attach it to a larger base, but I’d like to be able to take that off someday in the future A) for RP verification, and B) to build a better base if I ever get into that. I’m wondering if regular white glue would be a good choice?
  3. Hey everyone, I decided that for my next mini I wanted to do a creature. I saw this ninja griffin warrior and knew immediately that it was the mini I wanted to start with. At first I thought it would be relatively easy to paint a larger mini, and it's nice open spaces made me excited. However, all was not what it had seemed! Dun, dun, duuuuuun.... From the get go I have had a challenging time with this bird! Cleaning all the mold lines (which I know I didn't get them all), filling in gaps, and spray painting to get a nice coverage all seemed to be kicked up a notch. Yet with my husband's encouragement I pressed on! I really wanted my griffin to have the same color theory as Kikuchiyo from Samurai Seven: After showing my husband the fabulous color scheme I had chosen, he went on to tell me that I had picked some of the toughest colors to paint (i.e black, yellow, and red)! Only slightly dismayed over the uphill battle I would continue to have with my mini, I stuck to my color choices and began the process! Kuro Cleanbrush was gracious enough to show me how to paint "black" without actually using black. I used brown liner for his skirt and mixed in different ratios of gray. And then onto the dreaded yellow! This was a tough color to paint because it didn't cover or blend well. I would often get "water rings/splotches" whenever I would try blending, so I did my best and accepted that it wasn't going to be perfect. Any advice on how to avoid that would be greatly appreciated!! So there you have it! All what I have done up till now. I'm learning a ton with this mini and am excited to see how it turns out! Hopefully I'll have it done by ReaperCon! Thanks again for all the encouragement on my last mini! I can't wait to meet you all at ReaperCon!!!
  4. Teifling fighter for my upcoming worldwound campaign. Also, my griffin was pretty bent when I got him so he's more swooping than rearing.
  5. nakos

    77157: Griffon

    So this is my second fully painted miniature. 99% of the paints and washes are citadel, I did use two Apple Barrel craft paint colors, white and black. The initial basecoat is Charadon Granite. The lion's body and claws and beak were color blocked with Mecharius Solar Orange; the wings alternate between Calthan Brown and Khemri Brown and the eagle's body uses the Calthan Brown. The wings and eagle body was followed up with Gryphonne Sepia Wash while the lion's body, claws and beak was washed with Devlan Mud Wash. I then layered the lion's body with first Tallern Flesh then Khemri Brown and finally drybrushed/layered it with Iyanden Darksun. I drybrushed the eagle's body and wings with Khemri Brown then Dheneb Stone. I painted the eyes with Dheneb Stone followed by black and white. I layered the claws and beak with Iyanden Darksun and the tongue with Mechrite Red. The base was layered with Calthan Brown and washed with Baal Red and the Stones were painted Dheneb Stone and washed with Devlan Mud. I'm unhappy with the lion's body as the Devlan Mud wash gives it a mange look. The second one I'll probably make a wash from Iyanden Darkson to try for a more golden fur look. While not visible from these shots, I went for a heavier drybrush of the Dheneb Stone on the bottom of the wings and eagle body for a lighter look. Trying to replicate features found on some predator birds so that it would be harder to see them from the ground while in flight. Nakos
×
×
  • Create New...