Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Hard Plastic'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Calendars

  • Reaper

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 7 results

  1. In preparation for 2016 I'm trying to get some of my half-finished 2015 minis off the shelf and into the done pile. I had no color scheme in mind for this mini so I grabbed some paint at random. Most of the time that I do this I decide that it was a horrible idea and put the paints back, but on occasion I just roll with it. Just to practice something different I desaturated all of the paints with white and gave her the '80s pastel look. About halfway through I did decide that I didn't really like this mini, but hey, she was a bonus and not the reason I made my purchase in the first place.
  2. Another week, another survivor that I don't know the name of. (Fluff, who reads it?) For the second female I attempted to conquer the Scale75 Arabic Shadow. Of the paints in the flesh set, it is the one that I find kind of odd. While it's worked ok as a minor component of darker mixes it just doesn't look right next to any of the other colors, especially the lighter ones. In order to get my shadows and highlights to play well together, I tried to make sure that each mix was at least a quarter Arabic Shadow. After many mixes and much layering I've decided that you can get a decent skin ou
  3. Once again its Sunday night, which means it's time to snap some pics of another Kingdom Death Survivor. When I started these I wasn't really planning on painting one per week, but if I keep it up that would be 52 minis/year. I would be happy with that. This time it's a female survivor, whose name I do not know but I'm sure Cash does. For this survivor I decided to try out a few paints from the Scale75 Blood and Fire set that I hadn't used yet. Her dress was basecoated in Fuchsia and shaded with Sunset Purple. To get some more practice with extreme highlighting I took some parts up to
  4. I should start looking these survivor's names up so I have something to call them. Anyway over the weekend I painted the other male starting survivor from the game box. I did some experimenting with the shadow portion of the Scale75 flesh set to try and make a more realistic African skin tone that I had done with my fire giant. I don't know anyone with dreads so I attempted so googling to get a better idea of how the highlights work. In the end I still just made it up. Like the last one, he's not sealed yet so I can use these pics to see if anything needs a touch-up first. ... and I s
  5. My first KD:M mini has reached the almost complete stage so it's time to take some dual purpose pics! These are part show-off, part see if there's anything I want to touch-up before sealing images. Honestly I can see plenty that would need work if these KD minis were destined for anything higher than the tabletop, but they are instead on a collision course with greasy pizza fingers. For those that didn't see my posts in the assembly thread, I decided to attempt a cold light on white stones. To keep with that idea I attempted a blue light in the lantern. I initially painted his cloth whi
  6. Back when I posted my KD Survivor pinup I mentioned that these pinups were an exercise in learning how to handle the Scalecolor flesh set paints. The Survivor was not actually the first pinup that I painted though, it was the Twilight Knight. She sat on my shelf of shame 95% done until I decided to finish her up earlier this week. She just needed hair and a base so it made for an easy project. Back when I was trying to decide what color scheme I wanted to paint her in I decided to use twilight colors and used the images below to set my pallet. All of the pinups have a card that comes w
  7. One of my January painting goals was to branch out and paint a mini from a company that I had yet to paint a mini from. I chose the Kingdom Death hard plastic pinups in part to see how well their assembly goes and in part to see how durable the hard plastic they're using is. Another goal I had was to try something new, which for January was the Scale75 flesh paint set. For anyone interested in the details you can get them in my WIP. Of course, we're now into February and I've pretty much set the same goals for myself. This time the something new was attempting to paint marble. I ended u
×
×
  • Create New...