Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Head Swap'.
Found 3 results
Over on the Ghost Archipelago thread in the Fantasy forum, I posted about a toy-elephant head I glued to a Bones Bugbear to make a creature called an Eritherean, which is featured in the Bestiary for those rules, and is essentially an elephantman. This led to a long discussion, and the inevitable gluing of the spare Bugbearhead to the Elephant's body. It also made me realize how addictive head-swapping is, and since it was beginning to derail the Ghost Archieplago thread, I thought I'd open a new thread here for everybody to share any head-swapping projects they were doing. To see the original thread, and subsequent discussion: And here are the photos of my efforts so far: So what have you been working on!?
About a month ago I was at a birthday party for one of my friends and it was at that party I had an interesting conversation with another friend that lead to the creation of this miniature. This particular friend enjoys playing tabletop games and has recently been looking into playing Warhammer 40K. He already plays a few different GW games, so he is very aware of what he's getting into. So while doing some research he came across fan art of the Imperial Guardsmen with fish heads, which he quickly pulled up on his phone and showed me. We both laughed and agreed that would be a ton of fun to play. After that conversation I knew exactly what I wanted to give him for his birthday which was only a month away. Now a smart man would have taken that newly acquired knowledge and immediately started building. I however am not a smart man and I completely forgot about it until a few days before his party. So I scrambled and quickly painted a Cadien I had leftover from a previous project, it wasn't a Guardsman but I figured he'd love it anyway. I still had to find a fish though and after four dollar stores I finally found the perfect fish head. Finding the head was a godsend but I still had work to do. Over the course of three days I removed the head of the fish, primed it, painted it, and pinned it into the Cadien figure's neck. Then I sealed the figure and based it with some rocks and grass. I finished this piece about three hours before the party. I don't really base my figures, so this is my first truly "complete" miniature and I'm really pleased with how it turned out. I'd love to hear what you think, I won't be able to alter this piece but critiques are welcome.