Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Its not easy being green'.
Found 1 result
So. I tried painting some minis without WIPs and found myself having a hard time keeping track of what and how much I had done. So I'm back, although these may be sporadic and really slow to update. We'll see. Anyhow, after painting a lot of tiny figures for the January Bones Beauty Pageant, I decided to move in the opposite direction and tackle some of the big figures from Bones I to clear out room for Bones II. So I am painting dragons. Five of them, if you count the Frost Wyrm. Each one gets its own thread, though, since I don't know how I'm going to progress through them. Dragon number two (going alphabetically) is 77102, Ebonwrath. I wasn't trying to make a specific "look" for any dragon. When I asked my husband the GM what colors he would like to see in dragons, he said "variety." Looking at this figure's shape, I thought of alligators and malice and green swampiness. So I figured I'd try -- or at least start -- painting it green. My painting method is pretty high-wire without a net, so I don't know what it will look like finished, only a region that I'm aiming for. It may not even be green, in the end. We'll see. At any rate, my first painting session I was doing five (count 'em) dragons, all with wings detached for ease of painting. So my first order of business after a layer of Reaper's Brown Liner, the wonder primer that Buglips identified, was to make sure each dragon and its matching wings had an underlayer in the direction of the color I was thinking of painting it. So here's Ebonwrath, first with a layer of Brown Liner, then with a wash of transparent warm dark green mixed from Phthalo Green and Burnt Sienna. Its color at the moment is a very deep green, like seaweed or badly overcooked spinach. This is only an underlayer. The other dragons I'm painting concurrently are Deathsleet, the Fire Dragon, the Shadow Dragon, and the Frost Wyrm.