Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Karig'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. For the exchange I was given a pretty wide latitude on what to paint (or some might argue, a general lack of direction ). I decided to go with the "try something different" suggestion. Let's see... First mount. First milliput slurry fill. I also tried tried using sealer as a fill in a few places. First water at the edge of the base needing a form. First water effects. First icicles. First wooden base. First moss First flowers First use of a jewelers saw to remove some horns. Second snow base (the Almaran I posted awhile back was the test subject). Tried a new "cold green" layering for the skin. I wasn't sure how well it would work, but if it didn't I wouldn't have to look at it anymore. I also tried making use of gloss vs. matte effects. I was going for a spring thaw look, so I tried leaving the snow glossy so it would look like it was melting while making the mini, flora, and rocks matte. I also like wood to "glow," and tried to cheat it. And yes, I did paint the grass. So to show off my progress after almost one year of painting minis we have the Kargir Tundra Beast Rider. I also took a few pictures before sealing just in case I screwed it all up. Now I have a benchmark to look back on once I reach the end of mini painting year 2.
×
×
  • Create New...