Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Khael Stonekindle'.
Found 3 results
okay one more post today, another dwarf added to the war band dwarven wizard. Gandwarf the grey, or off white with some blue to break things up a bit, or something. I love this sculpt. some day I will sit down and base the war band but for now as is.
We are gearing up to start a new D&D campaign at the end of the month. It'll be 5th Edition and robinh is running it. A friend (who doesn't paint) is playing a Dwarf barbarian and I'm running a Dwarf wizard, so I said I could paint up a fig for him too, since the only D&D prepaint Dwarf Barbarian is pretty lame... These are the two figs we came up with, first the barbarian and then my wizard. So yeah, not exactly the norm, but 5th Ed rules are interesting. A spellcaster can cast spells in any armor he is proficient with. And a mountain Dwarf gets proficiency with light and medium armor be default. Also battleaxe... Meanwhile he was planning for his barbarian to be walking around in a big cloak and with a quarterstaff anyway... So we figured this will confuse any intelligent baddies that try to target the wizard first.... Anyway, just roughed in some colours to get started, Had to wait until I got to work to ask him what sort of colours he was thinking for the barbarian, so need to bring in some greens and other nature colours.
I already posted some pictures of my Khael miniature some time ago, but I had a second Dwarf pack from the Kickstarter, so I decided to do the second one slightly different. Looking at the original there were two aspects of the miniature I did not like (I love the miniature anyway :P): The oversized sword and the lack of texture on the staff. Ok, so what to do? First I cut of the staff entirely and replaced it with some wire. I then proceeded to use the dragon head from Galladon's staff (77054) and altered it slightly to allow a more organic fit to the new staff. The idea was that the staff was found as one piece and then carved into a dragon's head. The second step was to remove the sword and resculpt the robes. I then attached some shapes that resemble vials to the now empty space, as well as a feather and a mushroom. After this I covered it with greenstuff to achieve a bulged out look for a knapsack with some of the contents still showing. Some straps and string add interest. I am not sure what colour scheme I will go for this time. I like the one I used, but I also saw a beautiful combination of green robe and blue hat with a reddish-brown beard. Let me know what you think about this conversion.