Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Kit bash'.
Found 4 results
Time for the final pics to be posted here (those that I can anyhow). This is Queen Shaernagathu - I came up with this name as it's the 3 parts of the figure that I kit-bashed together to form this figure. The body of Queen Shaerileth, a tentacle from the well of doom and the snake bottom half from I don't know which snake or creature or even if it was a reaper figure, I found all 3 parts in the melt bin during ReaperCon 2016. I was going to hold off posting and enter her into the 2017 Massive Voodoo water base challenge, but it was pointed out to met that she doesn't qualify due to a full figure being in the scene, the challenge is for the base to be the star with possibly a couple small plants/animals, but no full figures. Anyhow, it was a super fun project and very challenging. I did a lot of new things with it and learned a lot during the process. I had great feedback from others on the forum as well. WIP can be found here: Without further ado, here are the pics that I can show and links to the NSFW pics I can't show on the forum. I know they will expire at some point, but at least I can upload a few here. NWFW Links Pic 1 Pic 2 Pic 3 Pic 4 Thanks for looking and of course C&C are welcomed and greatly appreciated!
I was asked to make a custom Water bending miniature for a customer of mine who is running a Marvel Superhero game at out local Gaming club. I used the Reaper Bones Water Weird (77310) and the Drowned Spirit (03727) to create a custom kit bashed miniature. The players favorite color is Blue so I was asked to fit as many shades of the color into the model as possible. If you have any questions on how I made this feel free to ask here or on my FB page. (facebook.com/TabletopGlory) I have many more that I will be doing for his campaign one of witch will be made from the Virina, Female Demon (03084) where ill be hand painting cloths onto the miniature. (I'll be making a small video to explain all the modifications for this one.)
Hey all, I apologize up front because I can't recall who or what thread talked about swapping torsos, arms, and legs, so I can't give credit for the idea. I spent a little time with the eight CAV from the Ace Level reward box seeing which ones would fit with what. And so here's the two charts I made that I'm releasing into the wild. No guarantee I've done things right, so use my guide at your own risk. First up is the Torso and Legs chart. Green is good, Orange will need some work, and Red isn't recommended. Biggest issue I saw was that the Halberd's arms are very long compared to the others, so while they'll work, they may not fit very well. Swing the torso and the arms hit something, in other words. And while I state that the Razor's legs don't work, it just means that there's some large gaps that would be visible. Second is the Torso and Arms chart. Mind you, I didn't bother to check the swapped arms on a torso versus the legs from above. I just don't think I can stand to spend that much time working that out. I omitted the Tiamat and the Razor from the chart because they don't have holes to attach arms. I did play to see if the Tiamat could have some arms, should you be willing to convert it that far and remove the pins from everything, but I'm not charting that up. There appears to be quite a bit of swappable parts, especially if you're okay with re-pinning. My curiosity had got the better of me and I've been itching to do this for a week or so, and spent time I could have been painting on doing this. Funny how I'm avoiding painting like it's homework not due for a while. EDIT: Removed the error pictures and added the correct ones. The Conqueror is NOT part of the first 8, the Specter is. I've now changed the names to be correct.
Hey all, found this bash that I did years ago when going through my stripped CAV2 stuff. Seeing as how i'm building a Steel Dragons force in the Upcoming CAV:SO I wanted to hammer out the scheme. While I know it's 'technically' only a green and black scheme I thought gold would make a nice contrast color and still give it a 'dragon' feel. ;) The mini itself looked like it had gone through a rock tumbler, lol. After doing what clean up I could I finally just gave up and decided to use the 'worn-ness' to my advantage. All the bare metal showing through is actually where the mini was dinged and scratched from years rolling around in a bitz box. I just picked it out in silver paint. Anyway, I give you the 'Tiburon'. Edit: dropped the white balance a bit. I think this set shows better with more contrast. -Gunz