Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Limited Palette'.

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 7 results

  1. During my Shelf of Shame Project I started with the fairy. Since there is only room for one project on my wet palette, this one had to take the back seat during RVE. Today I finished another project, at least as far as the palette is concerned, so I can finally continue with my little fairy. Every aspect of this project was created by rolling dice. For everyone interested, here is a somewhat elaborate summary of part one: During weekend I usually put down my brushes. At the moment, painting is a stand in for my job that's on hold because of Corona restrictions,
  2. Since we have lockdown where I live I was put on short term work. This gives me a lot of free time, a good part of which I am using to improve my painting. I have no formal art education whatsoever and am trying to make up for this by watching a lot of youtube and experimenting (and posting questions here on the board...). Recently I started a project where I challenged myself to using only a few paints for a mini. During my youtube research I found a lot of videos about mixing all your colours by using only primary colours. I found this concept really fascinating and want to try
  3. This was my Secret Sophie gift to Inarah. I had a lot of fun painting it, though I was cranky there wasn't much room to play with freehand! Let's see... the crystals are a combination of sculpey, green stuff, sprue cut into crystal shapes and actual small quartz crystals. You can buy them cheap online in bulk. Great for terrain projects. The colors are nightmare black, clouded sea and mint green, then after I was done highlighting, I glazed the whole thing except in the light effect area with pthalo green. It knocked down the highlights a bit and I like the more teal look it gives. The fir
  4. Just finished painting a copy of the Bones version of Satheras using two hues plus black and white: I started him during our last paint day as an example of how you could use a single brown to get quite a few different looks. After I got home, I decided to keep on with a very limited palette. Paints used (all Golden Fluid Acrylics): Burnt Sienna Dioxazine Purple Zinc White Carbon Black Not intended as a competition mini, but it was a really interesting exercise and the result, I think, has some virtue as a
  5. I got this to be my first bust to paint, sourced from Figone. CMPA had the "Bust a Move" challenge, so I finally painted him up. Yep, first bust! Next time I'll try a human or humanoid. Mounting him was kinda a nuisance, but I did something basic. He has a magnet on his back, and I greenstuffed a magnet to a nail. I can change the base later if I want. He's the first of my limited palette challenges, and I used blue because blue is a pretty easy one and I thought he'd do well with it. I smooth blended the face, and semi-smooth blended the mane, and went back for fur texture with a
  6. I've had these little buggers in my collection for a long time now, and I had an occasion to paint them up. However, when I actually looked at them closely, I discovered that these were both the worst incidents of mold slippage I've ever seen, and also hideous sculpts. They're cute, but hot-broccoli these are not Reaper's best. They're asymmetric: ridges of scales existing on one side that aren't on the other, the eyes are completely different on either side of the head, the back ridge is either a victim of mold slippage or badly planned (I think both). Different regions are often
  7. Hello friends, I've officially finished 2 of the figures I started painting a week ago at Starbucks. Here are photos of the Beastman of Reven, and the Wraith Harvester. Both figures were speed painted with the Beastman getting about 4.5 hours of work, and the Wraith about 4. Both were also painted using only 6 colors, the same six for both figures; Brown Liner, Red Shadow, Worn Navy, Brilliant Green, Splintered Bone, Sun Yellow. I used my Reaper Round #1 for some details, but mostly just used cheap utility brushes for the 90% of what I painted. These weren't painted to perfection, I just w
×
×
  • Create New...