Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Primarch'.
Found 4 results
Was bored at work so I started doodling in Bones. I call this kitbash a Bathalian Maw. It's the Primarch with the arms from the Centurion and the mouth from an Erynth Grask. It's to the point of needing a bit of greenstuff to marry the face to the head better. Also might use a second Primarch to extend the torso and give it a second set of arms with the original Primarch arms below the current Centurion ones. If I do I'm likely to borg in part of the second Primarch's tail to lengthen the tail to balance the longer torso. Anyway, it's kept me amused for a half hour or so which was its main purpose. Also, I hate how hard it is to get good photos of unpainted Bones.
To motivate myself to get this (and possibly the other two bathalians) done I decided I'll document this as a work in progress. I looked around at the show-off Bathalians and decided Canuckotter's was lovely looking and clever (http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/69926-80040-bathalian-primarch/). At first I thought I'd try to be clever and have more varied colors... But then I decided I was being too clever and that it didn't look good. So my first bathalian will be pretty much a total rip-off borrowed from Canuckotter's lovely miniature. I like the single color with the off-white as contrast. My other two I'll probably pick different colors. So we'll see how it goes!
I recently started painting miniatures again. These are the first three reaper bones miniatures I did. I hope you like what you see! Since I just picked up my old hobby any comments and critique is much appreciated! I am pretty pleased with the results after not having painted any miniatures for about 10 years
Finally got my Bathalian based. Went a bit lazy on this one. The idea was a simple dirt foundation base with a slime trail. For the slime trail, I simply glopped superglue everywhere around the bathalian. Also helped set him to the base, obviously. I used a superglue activator on the glue, since I didn't want to wait a long while for it to dry (there was a lot of glue laid down). It kept it from drying quite clear, but I think I kind of like the effect. I'll think more on it, but for now, I'm satisfied. As mentioned in my WIP thread, the back scales were done in MSP Christmas Wreath (quickly becoming my favorite green) with shading from PP Bloodstone, and Vallejo Model Color Fluorescent Green for the edging. The belly scutes were done with the new bone triad that came with the second paint set from the last kickstarter, and the other light bits were done with the same, except bathalian chiton taking the place of the midtone. Darker bits were shaded with GW agrax earthshade. Claws and armspikes were done with muddy brown and walnut brown. I thought about doing the back of his cranium in MSP Brains Pink, but I decided it would stand out too much against the rest of the mini. Finally, a scale pic with Tox the wizard standing in for Sir Forscale.