Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'RBG0116'.
Found 2 results
Rothmartyn of the DarkWold by RBG Sculpted by Tre Manor Quality: Table Top PLUS This piece is TT+ but it also has a more of a "reach" in it than a TT+. I attempted a more elaborate freehand with the cloak - which you can see on the WIP linked at the bottom. As well as I attempted NMM for the first time. Now let me give you some context on that last sentence. I typically do TMM (True Metallic Metals) and I do them in virtually the same manner but with the added benefit (IMHO) of having actual reflection while on the table. So yes this was my first execution of NMM successfully, it is not far from my normal. All in all I think it turned out well. The green blade as well is in NMM effect. For this piece I really wanted to ascent texture which I attempted on the tunic that is laying across his legs. And other bits and bobs. The face is pretty basic which is one of the reasons I didn't do a close up of it. RBG faces from this era are pretty small and the eyes are tiny. So tiny seeing a pupil and reflection mark would be... useless in my opinion. But I would say it turned out well. More personality than I thought I was going to give it. I was B+ satisfied with the cloak. I tried doing a suggestion @Darcstaar gave me but I think I executed it "o.k". I'll try again with another model. I attempted a few new things with this piece and I like how it turned out. Thank you all for your help and support. Would really enjoying your questions, comments and critiques on this. WORK IN PROGRESS: RBG: RothMartyn of the DarkWold
Haven't had much time to take photo's of a WIP on the warband I've been working on but now that I'm done with them and can work on individual figures at time I figured I would show you guys what I'm working on. The cloak is painted in Monarch Purple then washed in Reaper Brown wash to dull itThis is done because of the free hand pattern I'm planning on putting on it I want to be subtle but noticeable. The horizontal lines on the cloak are done in Monarch purple. You can see how the brown wash really dulled the purple to make the original color pop a bit more.These are guidelines as the moment. To keep the coloration similar I did what I like to call a wash-invert. The brown is washed with a diluted Monarch Purple and the Purple is washed in Browns. And the browns look very purple in the photo but they are not that bad. The center armored tunic is paint VLJ German Grey then the recess' are washed in Gloss black. The Belt is painted in gloss black. This is really just surface stuff right now. I'm going to get into it this weekend. I got bored and had him primed while working on my warband and did some of his base.