Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Scratch-Built'.
Found 3 results
My D&D group needed a pulverizer mini, so I made one. WIP is over at http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/77983-pulverizer/ There are a couple areas I'm not really happy about, but I learned a lot, and am very happy with the overall result. Areas I'd try to do better in the future: Original sculpt - less-blobby joins to the shoulders, have legs sculpted, crisper runes Casting - fewer bubbles, better coating on the release, dye the material Paint - better coverage on the base coat, verdegris, better leg rust, better compatibility between the different paints and casting material Maybe add a tiny LED? Things I like about how this turned out: - Overall shape goes well with "punchy sound-cannon" motif - Runes look pretty good - No fin (it's supposed to have one, I like it without) - Transparent effect inside (though it could be improved...) - Rust to emphasize "hand" shape More pics: Sir Forescale was MIA, so here's an orky substitute:
Just finished a small terrain element for my Frostgrave campaign (plus I'll can use it in Broken Legions games that hopefully I'll be ready to play soon). It's scratch-built, made out of insulation foam. As simple and quick construction as is, I'm pretty pleased with the result :) More pics on my blog: gabbigames.wordpress.com
Finally got back to doing conventions this weekend, with CelestiCon in Fremont, CA. Here's a glimpse at some stuff we had on the table. Most of what we had this weekend was scratch-built, or kit-scratched, which is I guess what you would call it when you borrow one piece from a model (like a GW crater) and scratch build on top of it. Not quite a kitbash. But anyway, most of it was just made by hand.