Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Serpents Skull'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. I love this snakeman from the Pathfinder line. After I had picked the major colors and done the base coats, I realized I had picked the 3 most difficult colors, black, red and yellow (kinda). Doh!
  2. Warning, contains spoilers for the Pathfinder Adventure Path "Serpent's Skull". The Serpent's Skull campaign that I'm GMing is almost finished, and I wanted to put together something special for the final boss. I haven't been able to find any minis that came even close to representing this thing, so I decided to try to create my own 'mini' for the final boss out of green stuff. A lot of green stuff. I have made modifications to small miniatures with green stuff before, but I have never tried to sculpt something on my own before I made this thing. I expected it to come out horribly. I did make several mistakes : it is a bit too large, I should have done the pose differently, and the surface isn't very even. However, I'm actually rather pleased with the results. For reference, here is a picture of what the Avatar is supposed to look like. Yea, I didn't even try to do the scales detail aside from the belly scales. I created it by first making a wire armature and putting some ProCreate putty around it to form the basic shape. From there, I put green stuff on top of the ProCreate to get the details. The colors of the green stuff are a bit mismatched because I use some Citidel green stuff and some Reaper green stuff mixed with milliput. I think I will be using mostly the latter combination for future sculpts. Finally, I put a layer of CA glue on the surface of the thing to smooth it out a bit and help hold it together. I would show you guys pictures of the earlier stages, but I took those pictures with a cell phone camera and they look really blurry... The base I'm using is a 60mm round 'Desecrated Lands Set Two' base from dragonforge designs. It is sized for Huge creatures. I'm currently priming the 'miniature', and hopefully I'll have the whole thing done in one or two weeks.
×