Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Sir Daniel'.
Found 1 result
LittleBluberry posted a topic in Works In ProgressSo a while ago I painted Trista as a paladin with a warhammer I took from Halbarand the cleric. http://forum.reapermini.com/index.php?/topic/51436-trista-conversion-wip/?hl=trista It was my first conversion, and she's seen a lot of game time. Now that she's a 5th level paladin, I wanted to make a mounted version of her. Back during the Bones 2 Kickstarter there was a suggestion from multiple people to just take one of the mounted Bones, cut them off at the waist and glue the top half of the mini you wanted a mounted version of. Since Sir Danel from Bones 2 had some <ahem> issues with his top half, I figured it was the perfect candidate. There are a few challenges with this project that I can spot so far. First off, Trista has a very narrow waist. Her belt is also at a bit of an angle, which will complicate things. At this point I think I might have to partially re-sculpt the belt to cover the seam where the surgery occurred. I'm actually thinking I'll start from the bottom up and get the horse painted first. I'd love a few opinions on what to do with the basing and whether or not the extra bit by the rear hoof needs to stay there for support. Currently the base is bent and Sir Danel won't stand, so obviously I need to at the very least heat-treat the horse. I've got a black plastic cavalry base, plus round bases in many sizes. I'm conflicted as to whether I want to make an epic looking base that fills most of a 2" area (for gaming purposes) or if I want to go with the cavalry base for a little stability and easier storage. I'd also like to up my basing game a bit, so all suggestions will be considered as long as they fit with a jungle locale. Since this is Bones, and for gaming, I'm not going to go crazy with a high quality display level paint job (which I probably couldn't pull off anyway) and I'll be aiming for higher tabletop quality. Saves my sanity.