Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Summer of Shame'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 2 results

  1. Continuing on with painting things from the shelf of shame this guy has been primed and the base partially done for at least 16 months. The cannon is from Mantic (it's part of a Dwarf cannon) and the figure is Privateer Press. The water was done by painting two sea greens in the base (one for darker and one for lighter areas which were only around the cannon) then I poured in several layers of woodland scenic realistic water that were slightly tinted blue. After that I used Woodland Scenic Water effect to do waves and then dry brushed on a light sea green then straight white.
  2. I started this guy over a year ago and stopped about halfway though as, at the time, I didn't really have a style yet and was just switching away from a Wet Pallet and learning a new way to paint. I decided to call this summer the "Summer of Shame" as I'm forcing myself to finish projects as I've got a whole slew of things coming in the new few months via Kickstarter so I need to show some discipline. When I picked him back up the coat was about the only thing done so I did some quick touchups and then moved on to the rest. Trying out a new technique that's basically a mix of wet blending and glazing. All the black on him (which is actually purple) was done in about 90 minutes with this technique so I think there's some validity to it. The base, outside of the metallics, was all done via pigments. Comments are, as always, welcome.
×
×
  • Create New...