Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'Translucent Green'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
    • Reaper Virtual Expo
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. This weekend I got into a painting mood and finished several pieces, a great worm and a stone golem, and started several skeletons, ghouls, and golems. I started this one and the Banshee last year and wanted to try something different. I started out with a white wash base coat from Apple Barrel white and Reaper's flow improver, took two layers to get a good coverage. I then washed it with GW's Thrakka Green and proceeded to leave them for months. This weekend I finshed this one. I did a heavy drybrush of Meadow Green to knock down some of the green glossyness. For a different spectral theme I decided to throw some purple into the color scheme so I used GW's Leviathian Purple wash. To tone down the glossiness of the wash I then finished it off with a drybrush of Mossy Green. At this point I'm not sure if the original green wash is contributing anything to the palate. For the skeletons, my wife suggested a tarnished penny look. So I mixed some Meadow Green, Ancient Bronze and Redstone. The Redstone made it too red so I added a bit of Mossy green and a touch of brown. It looked ok but didn't really make them stand out so I hit them with the tarnished brass. Not the tarnished penny look but I like it, again it's a different direction. For the base I layed down GW's Charadon Granite and followed it up with a drybrush of Noir Black. I intended to do a light drybrush of Maggot White but it came out too heavy so I did a light drybrush of Noir Black and another light drybrush of Maggot White. I think it made for a nice depth look. My phone camera's flash makes it look like there is more white showing through then is really there but in the base photos you can get a better idea of the look.
×
×
  • Create New...