Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'Translucents'.
Found 2 results
To follow up on my experiments with Tamiya Clears, I present its effects on the Orange Translucents. Unfortunately, it doesn't work as well on the thicker pieces. At some point, I think I need to go back and retry this with a different orange mini, like the medium fire elemental. Warning, pic heavy I don't have an untouched Burning Sphere, so no picture of it untouched. First up, Tamiya Clear Yellow Tamiya Clear Blue: Tamiya Clear Green: Tamiya Clear Smoke: Tamiya Clear Red: Tamiya Clear Orange:
Hi, guys, You might remember me from such twisted artistic experiments as the translucent figures from Bones the First. I've been playing today with Tamiya Clear paints and the new translucent figures, and here are some of the more... not completely awful results. These are all fairly simple test pieces so I could work out how I was going to paint the remaining figures, although they came out well enough that I'll probably keep them as is. Apologies for not having the correct SKUs - they seem to have gone missing from the Preview Gallery. (Edit - found them!) First up, the Shadow. I was basically trying to find a way to paint the purple 'shadow' translucents using Tamiya Clear paints. I used Clear Red, and Clear Blue, and while they were OK they didn't come out purple. Then I tried mixing up purple from the colors available to me, but the mixtures were (a) too dark to use and (b) about as purple as a ripe lime. So I eventually tried the Tamiya Clear Smoke and that came out quite well indeed. Next, the Ice Wall and Crystal Golem. I was aiming for an 'ice elemental' look with the Golem, and the Ice Wall was simply a test piece to see how well the blue translucents worked with Tamiya Clear Blue. The answer is, I think, very well indeed. I'll probably do the Water Weird's body using this method, and take the fins up to white foam. Next up, we have the clear translucent Slimes from the Gelatinous Cube option. These I dithered over a bit - I wanted to do one as a green slime, and the other I was debating doing a black pudding or ochre jelly, and eventually came down on the side of the ochre jelly: I'm not sure that the Clear Orange I used on the jelly looks ochre-ish, but I think it's quite effective. Lastly, we have the Gelatinous Cube. This I painted up on the outside only with Clear Yellow - I'll probably paint the inside to see how well it works, but for the moment I'm very happy with how effective it is: the two shots here have it first empty, and secondly with a figure engulfed inside.