Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'backgrounds'.
Found 1 result
Second background, in progress. Started with tape to control swelling and rolling. First coat was brushed (1.5" cheap brush from hobby store) with a mix of gesso, water, and Patio Paint Fiesta Yellow (probably a dab of khaki to dull the tone too). After a day or two to dry I used a chunk of construction sponge to cover the paper with a mix of water, pva glue, a drop of dish soap (helps with rings at this consistency, or so I believe), and Ceramcoat Raw Sienna (possibly some Apple Barrel Nutmeg too for redness). Swiped the whole thing for coverage, then blotted, dragged, and blew as it dried a bit to achieve the variation in texture you see. This one is going great, I must say. The first one I did didn't look like the image in my mind until about 7 steps in, and never quite looked right. Question, comments, critiques welcome!