Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'bad photos'.
Found 2 results
Sometimes you need to see a miniature in person to appreciate it. This is one that would come up on the site and I’d scroll right past without a second thought, but I saw him hanging on the rack at the FLGS and was immediately smitten. Figure was prepped and primed as my previous show off thread went up, and was painted pretty quickly over the course of a couple evenings. Apologies for the picture quality (yet again), here is Alfred Redlute: The sculpt holds up pretty well, despite its age (S. Garrity 97 is engraved on the rear of the base). Minor flash and a small but noticeable pit on the lute’s fretboard, but no real mold line issues. Paint wise, nothing really fancy going on. Tunic is Templar Blue and it’s associated triad with Palomino Gold around the bottom and cuffs. Found some GW shades along with the mini, so the yellows and browns got a dose of Nuln Oil. His lute is red for the obvious reason. Sadly, some of the paint on the lute’s strings came off when sealer was applied. I believe the problem was the old brush I used being too stiff and rough. I fixed the damage best I could, but it’s nowhere near as nice as before. Al’s pantaloons are Dark Elf Highlight mixed with some Linen White. Turns out that triad is good for more than just drow skin! The base is meant to represent grass, as that was evidently the original intention of broccoli bases, so I painted it green. With MSP Grass Green. Because my imagination refuses to be bridled. All in all, not terrible for the time and effort, for me at least. Though I do regret the last glaze which made the blue highlights very hard to see. But I was too scared to try again, and they aren’t completely gone, so something to work on next time. As always, comments and critiques are welcome!
Trying my hand at speed painting. This was not done in one sitting, but total time was about 2.5 hours, which is less than half the time it normally takes me to paint a thing. Not perfect, but pretty darn good (for me, anyway) for the time spent. Here is the Wench: Didn’t plan anything out beforehand; color selection was spur of the moment. Her dress is Royal Purple with Nightmare Black shadow, and some BCA Pink mixed in for highlights. Top and apron are Lantern Yellow up through Candlelight Yellow. Tanned Skin triad was used for her flesh, and various leather colors for her hair and accessorizing accessories. Highlights didn’t really work out around her backside, but there was no time to fret over it. And you can’t really tell from the awful photo, but I finally managed to paint a decent eye. And forgot eyebrows. Whoops. C&C welcome.