Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'coat'.
Found 2 results
Rippers Witch Hunter from Reaper's Savage Worlds miniatures line. Oh varnish. The bane of my existance. I just can never seem to get it right. I've got the first step down (two rounds of floor polish) but after that I'm stumped. What I thought was my try and tested method of matt spray varnish suddenly doesn't work. It either leaves considerable spots of gloss and/or frost (the later probably due to the cold weather). And the spray is a nightmare to maintain. Recently I've tried to go back to brush on matt sealer which seems to do the trick (at least servicable). But something worries me that I'm forgetting something, since there should be a reason that I didn't use brush on sealer earlier. I'm hoping it's just sloth. This figure is suffering from my (many) bouts with the sealing process. Anyway, I painted this miniature as a stand in for a PC in a game of Shadows of Esteren I'm GM:ing. I cut the sword and replaced it with a torch from a Bones townsfolk miniature. I had such high hopes with the mini before hand. I was going to go for a darker tone and try OSL. Reality hit and it wasn't pleasant. So I ditched everything and went plain. Got an OK result.
This is another Neromunda ganger. I really liked this miniature. It was fun to paint. A lot more detailed than I thought it would be when I ordered. She still needs to be based, but I am out of basing materials for my sci-fi table, and Norway is frozen over for the moment. After seeing these pics, I need to drill the gun, too.