Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'craft paint'.
Found 3 results
I'm enjoying seeing the threads from the folks who are showing off what they are doing with the bones - it's a great way to see new techniques and different ideas for painting or converting these minis. So, I'm adding my own here, I hope it's useful :) First, I've posted this before in a thread dedicated to The Good, The Bad, The Craft Paint, but I wanted to demonstrate what I've been doing: The TL;DR version: I've just taken this hobby back up after about 25 years away from it, and I've been mostly dry-brushing, using cheap craft paint, cheap brushes, and cheap glue, for tabletop RPG use. I guess I'm more or less "speed painting" these, I spend two or three hours a night painting a couple up, at the rate of about one an hour. I'm hoping to achieve a level of quality as good as, or better, than normal for mass-market pre-painted plastic minis like D&D Miniatures. Criticism, complaints, questions, or feedback are quite welcome, and I hope there's something here that interests or helps someone :) (typos corrected)
I have been painting since bones 1 started, it got me into this habit and now I think I have gotten better (still not good). I am very proud of my goblin attack force. SO for my first showing here, I hope you guys like them...
Hello! The arrival of the bonenami was initially elating and then overwhelming. Where to start? Do I dare put aside my terrible craft paint and start relearning how to paint with Reaper paint? I was seized with indecision. After two weeks of avoidance I came to the amusing (to me) decision to just keep working on the stuff in the queue, keep using crud paint while gradually working in a Reaper color here and there, and ignore the Kickstarter stuff altogether until I felt like it. Now I feel better. Meanwhile, here is something I did recently. I wanted to go bright as an experiment: no blacklining, not much shadowing etc. The result was underwhelming but then I made this base out of Liquitex Modelling Paste and just kind of smushed the broccoli base into it while it was still soft to create an appropriately shaped recess. (It's not that I'm lazy, it is that I don't think ahead.) Then, continuing the make-it-up-as-I-go-along approach, I painted it up according to the accidental swirls that emerged in the dried paste. It looks a bit like tomato sauce but it is supposed to be hot lava. Cheers.