Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'dark heavens'.
Found 2 results
Every now and again I'll do random Give Aways of unpainted figures and painted figures. Recently I did one and forum member Shogun won 5 figures painted by me at table top quality. Now I'm going to be moving somewhere in the next 6 months and I'll be getting rid of every single figure I've ever painted, so keep your eyes open for that one, because it's going to be raining free lead. most of which will be Reaper. Anyway, these are the first two of the five I'm doing, They are male and female Skoli Warriors. All five figures I am painting for Shogun are from Reaper. These frustrated me at first because I'm not used to working with this palette, but I ended up really enjoying these two in the end. I got to do some weathered, rusted metal for the first time and I'm now in love with that technique. Shogun will be basing the figures himself, so I have done no basing. The WIP for these can be found here http://www.reapermini.com/forum/index.php?/topic/49983-olearys-wip-thread-of-everything-reaper/page-9#entry797170
Finally got my Bathalian based. Went a bit lazy on this one. The idea was a simple dirt foundation base with a slime trail. For the slime trail, I simply glopped superglue everywhere around the bathalian. Also helped set him to the base, obviously. I used a superglue activator on the glue, since I didn't want to wait a long while for it to dry (there was a lot of glue laid down). It kept it from drying quite clear, but I think I kind of like the effect. I'll think more on it, but for now, I'm satisfied. As mentioned in my WIP thread, the back scales were done in MSP Christmas Wreath (quickly becoming my favorite green) with shading from PP Bloodstone, and Vallejo Model Color Fluorescent Green for the edging. The belly scutes were done with the new bone triad that came with the second paint set from the last kickstarter, and the other light bits were done with the same, except bathalian chiton taking the place of the midtone. Darker bits were shaded with GW agrax earthshade. Claws and armspikes were done with muddy brown and walnut brown. I thought about doing the back of his cranium in MSP Brains Pink, but I decided it would stand out too much against the rest of the mini. Finally, a scale pic with Tox the wizard standing in for Sir Forscale.