Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'directional light'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
    • Socializing
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • Tips and Advice: 3-D printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Edited now that I'm back home... I started this mini on Friday, and tried to do a centre-out light-to-dark translucent paint job. The Badger Freak Flex tints just beaded up in an initial coat - even when adding medium it didn't help. I had nothing to get the centre yellow without going opaque which I didn't want to do at this point. I then took my Napthol Crimson (Red) Liquitex ink and added a drop to some medium and that went on fine. I forgot that Burnt Umber is very orange, and if I'd done that first I could have tried to do something interesting with the shadows in red. Oops! Attempts to highlight with that didn't do much at all. I decided to do a few quick washes with a mix of DIoxazine Purple and Prussian Blue, and got some nice shadows from that. I also daubed the eyes with a bit of Blue Flame from the KS2 paints. The next morning I took an update photo and noticed the great directional light from the window (inspiration pics below). After that I scrapped what I was doing and decided to try and paint the highlights that I saw in the photo. I used FIreball Orange HD (29806) and Gilded Yellow HD (29845) up to Gilded Yellow /True White (1:1). I'm especially happy with how the back turned out - I think that's partly because the blue/purple shadows really pushed the contrast more. I also didn't want to do half the face in bright yellow... so I didn't. This mini photographs MUCH better than it looks in hand. If you can open 2 windows to compare side-by-side, it's recommended. Linked for nudity. Front http://tinypic.com/r/rj4279/8 Back http://tinypic.com/r/2ljpces/8 Inspiration photos Front http://tinypic.com/r/i71t79/8 Back http://tinypic.com/r/vo8im1/8
×
×
  • Create New...