Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'giant skeleton'.
Found 4 results
This one has been standing around, based in one form or another since the Bones 1 kickstarter back in 2013 or whenever it actually delivered. One of the few KS1 Undead Bones I had not painted yet. I had originally based it on a square movement tray thinking to make it as some sort of skeleton unit for Kings of War, but for some reason that no longer appealed to me when I dusted it off this time. It had actual cobwebs on. I finally settled on a bespoke 125mm by 90mm oval 3D printed base, and slapped some paint on it to get it done. lots of pics below
For Christmas I received the new revamped plastic Nagash kit! Originally, the plan was to assemble him and then finish off a few outstanding projects (like my poor forgotten Storm Knight) before I started painting him, unfortunately:- He was a lot bigger than I expected, and there's nowhere I can safely store his parts, so he has bullied his way to the front of my painting queue. A couple of days work and:- His fancy cape thingy is finally undercoated. Not using my my usual White Primer because it doesn't like hard plastic too much and there is a lot of hard plastic to cover here. A couple more days and:- I'm making progress on the basecoats. The Hexed Lichen section is done, but I think the Royal Blue section needs another coat. I still have the Andrea Blue and Pure White sections to good though and then (hopefully) the sections can be blended together.
catdancer posted a topic in Works In ProgressFor those who might be interested...this will be a step-by-step walk through of my painting of this figure (Ral Partha - Giant Skeleton - #02-940): STEP # 1: 1. Clean figure of all flash...wash & scrub figure in warm soapy water...mount figure (as you wish to ready it for work), I mount my figures on wooden pegs for easy access in any direction...prime figure (I use Krylon flat white as my primer spray)...let dry for 24 hours. 2. I applied (Adirondak Alcohol Ink = Caramel color) to the entire figure...let dry for 24 hours. 3. I dry brushed the figure with Acrylic Vintage White to really subdue the caramel wash...let dry for about 8 hours. THE HEAD: 4. I inked the eye sockets with a mixture of sunset orange & sunshine yellow (Adirondak Alcohol Ink). 5. The eyeballs are tiny clear beads painted bright yellow with ebony black eye balls...final red ink wash for eyes still to come. 6. The teeth are painted (hi-lighted) with Acrylic cool white. This ends Step # 1...
catdancer posted a topic in Works In ProgressSTEP # 2: 7. I painted the cloth tunic in Acrylic Alizarin Crimson...weathered it with Acrylic flat white, true red & buttermilk... 8. I painted the chain mail in Acrylic steel, silver & black mixture...dry brushed with Ral Partha silver metalic wax and washed it with armour ink wash... 9. I painted the plate mail in Citadel Enchanted metalic blue and washed it with armour ink wash... 10. I painted the leather belt & pouch with Acrylic cinnamon & honey brown...weathered it with buttermilk... 11. Paint your sword or spiked club (as you wish)... 12. Did red ink wash around the eye balls to give bloodshot look... This ends step # 2... My figure is now ready for mounting on a base...be it a solo figure base...a vignette base...or a base with some other selected miniature...Once mounted on the selected base, the figure will get a final seal spray of clear flat. I hope that you enjoyed this step-by-step walk through...Please advise if you are interested in seeing other such step-by-step postings on the other figures I have on the list of painting...Thank you!