Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'killteam'.
Found 4 results
So awhile back Uncle Adam on the YouTube mentioned something about making a Halloween themed killteam scenario. It seemed like a pretty good idea and after a lot of thought I decided to give it a try. How hard could it be to make a custom scenario for the spooky season? Having seen quite a few interesting wave based custom scenarios I knew that was the way I wanted to go. I also knew I wanted to use the undead (zombies and skeletons). So the first problem is that I don't have enough zombies and skeletons for a wave based scenario. Not exactly wanting to break the bank for what will probably be a one off game I started looking for some cheap zombies. Turns out I didn't have to look hard or for very long. Zombies!!! Glowing Bag O' Zombies was just the ticket with 100 zombies (in four sculpts) for about $12 all in. Now they're a little on the small size, but again this is a one off game. Besides painting a hundred figures for a one off game I don't think my buddies will have too much to say. Armed with this bag and the few undead I already have I think I'll have enough enemies to go around. Or maybe I need another bag? I started out the night with two different sculpts with the simple intention of figuring out color schemes. First up was either a construction worker or a hunter, and honestly even after painting it I'm still not sure. As I blocked out the colors I was better able to see the figure's details, though I still don't know if it's a construction worker or a hunter. Would you call that a construnter? I hit everything minus the skin and gore when I had an idea. I just might be able to put that grey primer to work. With just a red wash I might be able to completely skip painting the skin and gore. I wouldn't exactly call it a success, but it's not terrible. This guy will probably squeak by as is but it looks like I'll be painting skin afterall. Next up was a fellow carrying a severed leg. On this one I painted a skin tone but used just a wash again for the gore. I think it looks better, but I'm still on the fence. Though neither figure is finished I can't believe how quickly they painted up. Knowing that a batch paint was the next step I attached all the construction/hunters (construnters) to craft sticks. Then seeing how much paint was leftover on my palette from this and a previous project I went ahead and basecoated all the pants. I did not expect to do so much in just one night, but then again we all know I won't keep this pace.
In lieu of a regular housewarming party my wife and I have opted to host a game day at our new house. After gathering supplies, prepping some food, and setting up some tables we're ready for our Housewarhammering. As luck would have it I'm flush with terrain (couldn't sell a single piece at a local craft fair), so I set up a couple of simple tables. Though they're sparse looking I doubt they'll stay that way, my buddies really get into setting up tables. After their tinkering I'm sure the tables with look better and most of my "extra" pieces will get used. Now it's just a matter of waiting for everyone to arrive. Guess I could play some PC Battlefleet Gothic Armada while waiting.
About a month ago I started painting up an Ork kill team for my wife, well they're finished and just in time too. Figured I'd post finished pictures of the team before they get wrapped and put under the tree. First up are the mooks (typical Orks with basic equipment and weapons). These are her four specialists, a commando with basic equipment (basically just a mook), a heavy with a big shoota, a leader with a power klaw, and a demolitions expert with a rokkit launcha.