Jump to content


Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'lots of pictures'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • FAQs 'n Stuff
    • News
    • Reaper General
    • RVC: Reaper Video Channel
    • Chronoscope
    • Bones Miniatures & Legendary Encounters
    • ReaperCon
  • Craft Corner
    • Show Off
    • Painting Tips & Advice
    • Works In Progress
    • Shutterbug
    • Sculpting
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
    • Mini Exchanges and Paint Contests
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 1 result

  1. Metalchaos

    Dungeon Dwellers Diorama

    Good day everyone, I've been working on a diorama display for some time now and I thought some of you may like the see my progress. I used AutoCad for my sketches and Inventor to build the 3D model. Then I used Blender to texture the model and Slicer to generate de code for my Prusa printer. The following pictures are the steps I went through so far. It’s my first big project. It's taking long but it's a learning experience. Let me know what you think about it so far. The first image is a screenshot of the final model in Inventor. Some sketches in AutoCad software. Floor part in Invetor software. Generating the code of the floor in Prusa Slicer software. I got a printing error while printing the floor. The plastic filament and I had to stop the print. On the next picture, we can see how the parts are on the inside. There is some supports but most of the part is empty to save on printing time and material. I decided to print the remining floor tiles individually to salvage what I had already been printing. I then glued each tile on the base. I had another printing error on the column, and I had the print another one. The column was printed at the highest level of quality my Prusa i3 MK3S can print, which is at a 0.05mm of precision. The arch was also printed at 0.05mm. The level of detail is amazing. Even the ring was printed flawlessly without support. Here’s a screenshot of the wall assembly after I completed texturing it in Blender. Here’s a screenshot of the wall assembly in Slicer. I generated the code with supports to make sure the door arch would be print perfectly. It looks perfect like this, so I didn’t see a problem coming. Some parts of mu model were not right, there were some gaps. The software filled these gaps with support material, so when I see the issue, I decided not to stop the printing session. The support material is showing in drak green the the simulation. After, when I generated the code without support, I could clearly see the gaps. I think this happened because there were errors, holes I didn’t correct or masking I didn’t remove, on the model I imported from Blender. I will need to investigate farther. See the result after I removed all the support. Removing the support takes forever by the way. I’ll try to avoid supports if possible, in the future. Here’s a picture of the wall. It took 40 hours to print only and probably another 40 hours to build, texture and clean the model. I still need to fill the gaps the Greenstuff. Here are all the parts I printed for this project. And, all the parts together. I haven’t glue anything yet. There is still some sanding and cleaning to do. I will paint each part separately. I patched the gaps with liquid Green Stuff. Closeup of the first layer of liquid Green Stuff. I converted a 02712 Eye Best from Reaper Miniatures. This is the pewter version of model that was sculpted by Julie Guthrie. I added eye stalks from the 03440 Creature Components II, also from Reaper. The Eye Best will be pinned on the wall and the door. All the adventurers I'll be displaying on the diorama are from Reaper Miniatures Dungeon Dwellers brand. From left to right; 07012 Caerindra Thistlemoor, 07004 Stitch Thimbletoe, 07002 Baran Blacktree and 07008 Luwin Phost. The models can be moved from a recess to another to allow different layouts. More to come soon!
×