Jump to content

Search the Community

Showing results for tags 'mossbeard'.



More search options

  • Search By Tags

    Type tags separated by commas.
  • Search By Author

Content Type


Forums

  • Reaper Discussion
    • News
    • Reaper General & Faq's
    • Reaper's Product Lines
    • ReaperCon
  • Reaper Social
    • Exchanges and Contests
    • Birthdays!
    • Streaming
  • Painting
    • Show Off: Painting
    • Works in Progress: Painting
    • Tips & Advice: Painting
    • Shutterbug
    • Speed / Army / Tabletop Techniques
  • Sculpting, Conversion, and Terrain
    • Show off: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Works in Progress: Sculpts, Conversion, Terrain.
    • Tips and Advice: Sculpting
    • Tips and Advice: Conversion
    • Tips and Advice: Terrain
    • 3-d printing
    • Conversions, Presentation, and Terrain
  • General Discussion
    • General Fantasy
    • General Sci-Fi
    • General Modern / Historical
    • Kickstarter
    • Off-Topic Rampancy
  • The Sandbox
    • The Gathering
    • The Playing
    • Fiction, Poetry, and Other Abuses
  • Reaper Games
    • CAV
    • Warlord

Find results in...

Find results that contain...


Date Created

  • Start

    End


Last Updated

  • Start

    End


Filter by number of...

Joined

  • Start

    End


Group


AIM


MSN


Website URL


ICQ


Yahoo


Jabber


Skype


Location


Interests

Found 5 results

  1. I finally reached the point where I think I'm done with Mossbeard, the enormous ent from Bones 4. I wanted to go to town on his base, and almost immediately after recieving my package, went out to Michael's and bought some dollhouse/fairy garden deer, frogs, and mushrooms. I also ordered the Bones familiar pack #1 (77176) and some Tiny Terrain trees from Miniature Market. And then, I just didn't do anything with him for over a year. Finally decided to get him done. While assembling him, I decided to make use of his empty chest cavity to install a tea light so his eyes could glow, so I drilled right through his eyes and neck, and filled in the eyes with clear gel medium so the light would come through when illuminated. Used lots of grass tufts, lichen, and cuttings from am IKEA fake plant, and put some fairies I've had for over a decade into the base, too. I also modified the head so he was looking more directly forward, since he was largely looking down in the original. Hope you like him! Close Ups & Details of Base Head Details and Glowing Eyes WIP photos
  2. Gig mini today, with one of the biggest minis i have ever painted : Mossbeard from Bones 4 ! The studio was even too smal for him ! The blacksmith is here for scale.
  3. Tackled my first big guy, Mossbeard Treeman! Since you guys love photos I'll add some progress shots in the comments :) First take on the beard, but liking the new version much better. Also a basecoat shot :)
  4. Tomorrow when there is better light I will try to take some better pictures. For now here are some blurry shots at my first attempt from my bones 4 haul. I have never tried any flocking before, and I made a huge mess. Also I am still pretty new to painting (a couple of years, but infrequently) so if y'all have any criticism (even if it seems like common sense) I could use any tips I can get.
  5. While I love the Mossbeard Treeman figure from the Bones 4 Kickstarter, it always bothered me a little that his arms, as sculpted, grew from narrower at the shoulder to thicker at the wrist. This just looked unnatural to me since both branches and arms tend to grow from thicker at the shoulders to thinner near the ends. So this week I began working n revering his arms, so they would connect to his body in a more natural, to my eye, arrangement. I began by slicing off the existing external connector pegs. This was made easier by soaking them in boiling water for 30-40 seconds (As Ed Pugh suggested to do with the Chicken Hut legs on a recent Reaper Live), after which it was a breeze to slice right through them. Test fitting. I then glued the pegs I had cut off back into the holes they were intended to go into to full those holes. After the glue was set, I drilled some holes in the shoulder connections to peg them with sections of doweling. After that, I glued the hands to the new wrist joints. My next step is to blend the hands to the wrists with some greenstuff, and then I'll glue the arms in place.
×
×
  • Create New...