Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'muscles'.
Found 4 results
Hi Gang, dug up these two tough guys from my box of childhood minis. One was my attempt as an eleven year old using Testors model paints, got so frustrated I didn't paint again for thirty-five years. Feeling inspired after tackling my Reaper starter kits and recent Battle Troll. Got isopropyl at the drug store. Let's see how it goes... :)
Presenting Mr. Lovely Locks (aka Gadrock), a character from the game Kingdom Death:- Monster. He's prepared to face the unspeakable horrors lurking in the darkness with nothing more than a jawbone knuckleduster and an overgrown fringe. Really pleased with this one, I'm happy with how his skin turned out and I didn't make a mess painting all those cuts he's acquired. As always, any comments or criticisms are warmly received.
I painted this one in Fall/Winter for @Jay for the 2017 Secret Santa. He said he was playing a martial artist in a tabletop campaign, so I gave him "Bruce Lee". Bruce Lee has some classic yellow and black pants, so I changed the black for red for flair. To avoid ketchup-and-mustard (and the original pants color is Mustard Yellow), I popped some doodles onto the belt. I did intense shading on the skin to make it clear that the dude is made of muscles. The yellow is shaded with Arbuckles Brown from Scale 75, which is pretty much a brown-purple, through Reaper Mustard Yellow, to Scale 75 Hykey Yellow, and Reaper Linen White. I kept the base minimal for ease of use in Jay's game, and gave the base some extra sealant, anticipating handling.
Picked up some Hordes minis cheap and thought this guy would make a fun monster for my players. Came out a bit glossier than I intended. Put on some matte sealer on after the gloss, but I think I oversealed it. The white markings are supposed to be tendons and ligaments. A friend pointed out that it looked like it had outgrown its shell, so I was trying to make it look like raw, exposed muscle. The bones are done with a simple bone color, followed by a wash, then highlighted and finally given an edge highlight. It doesn't show up so well here, but there's a fair amount of Blood For the Blood God slathered around on the red bits. The basing was done with oxid paste, painted and highlighted, and done up with a little static grass and some swamp tufts. Not sure what stats I'll give him, but it should be a fun fight.