Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'thornwarden'.
Found 2 results
I took a bunch of random Bones to Reapercon to work on over the weekend. They were washed, and then I used brush on primer at the con. Figured I would get some tabletop quality work done while I was socializing. Well, if you were there and trying to paint you know that the humidity was bad and paint *was not* drying, so I didn't get as much done as I had hoped. For example, the wash I used on Duke Gerard took about 45 minutes to dry. On top of that I had crackling on a couple figures. :( I brought them home, stuck them on washers, and plan to finish them up this week. First up, snakeman warrior. This is from the first speed paint of the day. We were given 30 minutes. I always tell myself to stay away from the yellow, because I can't make it work in a speed paint, and then I go and grab the bottle and next thing I know my figure looks like this: I don't normally repaint speed-painted figures but snakey here is getting a full makeover. The rest of Thursday I worked on this pair: Mostly happy with the blacksmith. Need to work on the contrast between Goldar's skin an the leather shoulder armor. Friday I picked up the Thornwarden, and oops, there's that yellow again. Also started on Freya (left) and Isabeau but did not get this far with them until Saturday afternoon: Finally, Sunday I started on Duke Gerard and got a wash on Aina. I basecoated Gerard with two purples, a dark one and a lavender color, but they are nearly indistinguishable when dry. I mixed some white and purple to bring up the details so I could see it. Lot of work left on both of these.