Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'tommason'.
Goblin Menace indeed! I was doing fine with the other group of goblins I did 2 weeks ago, but these little green bast...guys were not as fun. Wins: * Found an EXCELLENT new paintbrush - Master's Touch from Hobby Lobby. Dang! I've been missing this level of spring in the bristles and fine edge with them. Love it. * Tried diluting steel color with black ink to help with application. Worked great! Will do again. * Switched the Sta-Wet Palette paper that came with it to just simple parchment paper. I don't know who uses the actual paper in the Sta-Wet Palette, b
Here we go again! Turning this into quite the painting week. With 20+ goblins I've got quite a few to get through, so trying to make it fun and challenge myself with new colors/methods each time. This one was based with a darker green first in Flat Green, then washed with a 4:1 wash of Drakenshade with Flow Improver in the recesses. Then used my usual Goblin Green to cover it. Still messing with their eyes in a cartoon fashion, which is working well. 1. Learning to use wash over less of the whole area and only in specific spots I want to catch depth. I've watched so ma