Search the Community
Showing results for tags 'unpainted'.
Found 4 results
This wip is far along. I had to rewash laundry late (and stay up late enough to put stuff in the drier). Started with a coat of Corporea black, then pure black on the barrel, and wood got mahogany. I debated painting stuff like the stuff at the military college (chassis painted grey) but I felt it would be boring. So I'm painting it in other boring colors. I haven't painted wheels yet. These would be better bought prepainted, because they're pretty inaccessible.
This is the WizKids unpainted shark. I saw at the store and was not prompted to buy it. I then saw on these boards the Unpainted WizKid thread and saw they were discussing this model, and noted the extra fin mini. Now seeing the fin, kinda pushed over the top to buy this - as you can put down the fin as a party is rowing across the bay, and then after they notice it coming their way, place this thing coming out of the water at them that they now need to contend with! So anyway, a few mold lines needed fixing and gap at base of jaw that needed greenstuff repair. I did a good job on fixing back mold line, but line btw left fin and lower jaw could have been worked more. I do not remove the preprimer it comes with, I file/remove as best I can the lines, then use paint on primer (usually three coats) to smooth back out. And last image are paints used in case anyone was curious.
Cleaned up my table today! Granted it's not spotless cause if it was I couldn't find anything..... Even more more exciting I painted a mini!! It's been awhile, as early Febuary was my last brush to mini attempt. Of course that attempt is now just sitting on my table saying "Hey when are you gonna paint me, hmmmm??" Anyways I'm gonna attempt to put up a WiP for this one as well. I'm not exactly sure how far I'll go with his WiP as I'm bad at updating things like WiPs & such. I forgot to take a pic of the raw mini but this is the other one in that pack of 2 & it's exactly the same (besides the pose of course) as the one I'm painting up: Clear plastic with a primered base I wanted to take advantage of the clearness of the plastic so I thought might as well use Tamiya Clear paints on them. Problem was my jar of Clear Yellow was goopy, ie old. So in the trash it went & I ordered anther jar from the local hobby shop. That was a few weeks ago...Anyways after I did a semi-clean up of the workbench I proceeded to just apply the Clear Yellow onto the mini: & to see how it looks under a light, in this case a Ott-Light: I'm not exactly sure where I'm going with this critter but I'd like to try & make it like the Advanced Hellhound pre-paint mini: (yes the one I'm painting has a spiked color as well, I just painted over it). Hoping this mini jumpstarts the mini-painting that I need to do for ReaperCon this year!!